Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 08-03-2015, 11:47 PM   #1
balymo

Default hi

i am new here i thought i would ask around i just got my first deluxe today pathfinder i have yet to play it. what other core sets or expansions would you recommend? i am thinking on the original and all the expacs taking out a few cards to not make it all jumbled. but is legends compatible? sorry i am new here just wanted to get a feel for mixing and matching sets. and has many people played epic munchkin i heard about it just dont really know much. thank you and have a nice day
balymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 10:02 AM   #2
Sublevel27

Default Re: hi

Yes, Legends is compatible with both the original Fantasy Munchkin and Pathfinder in that they have the same card backs as both. Also, The Legends core set Classes are the same as the original Fantasy. Pathfinder has four new Classes and adds Factions (which are different from Classes or Races.) So you can have a character with a Race, Class and a Faction.

Personally, I love to mix up the decks. So I'm a big fan of, and recommend, Munchkin 7: Cheat With Both hands. They make combining sets more fun and make having more than two races/classes possible on one character.

Munchkin Conan also has the same backs as Legends, and Pathfinder and Munchkin prime, AND it adds Birthrights.

There's a Munchkin Thingie that lists all the character modifiers you can do. (Not all, as it's not quite updated last time I looked but you can find it here:

http://www.worldofmunchkin.com/thingies/

My group plays a mashup we call "Munchkin Firefly" where we combined Star Munchkin (space theme), Munckin Booty (pirates, age of sail theme), and The Good, The Bad, and the Munchkin (Old West theme). And we use the Munchkin 7 deck I mentioned above. We love that one. But the backs of those sets are NOT the same, so you can always see what's next AAAND the deck stacks are TALL because we put EVERYTHING in there.

I'm also looking forward to combining Munchkin Oz with Munchkin Zombies and Munchkin Apocalypse.
Sublevel27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 07:27 PM   #3
balymo

Default Re: hi

thanks for the reply im new to this game compared to many on this site. pathfinder conan and oz with munchkin 7 and steeds is what im thinking. with firefly munchkin star munchkin, good the bad the munchkin and booty coming next or bites and cthulu i dont know if i spelled that right

Last edited by balymo; 08-06-2015 at 07:58 PM.
balymo is offline   Reply With Quote