Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-08-2011, 12:54 AM   #21
David Johnston2

Default Re: [MH] Patron Pricing Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langy View Post

This isn't supported by the actual game rules or through any game mechanics I know of. I've seen nothing to suggest that a detective contact (maybe he's a Contact (Criminology-15) or something) can be used to get yourself out of a parking ticket, or even tipped off that the police are after you.
I beg to disagree:

Quote:
Originally Posted by B44
...or who does small (pick any two of "quick", "non-hazardous and "inexpensive" favors for you.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:16 AM   #22
Langy

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
I beg to disagree:
While I completely forgot about that little sentence, I dislike the extreme vagueness of it. Still, it makes contacts slightly more appealing, which is good. Still doesn't address my complaint that contacts are by-definition one-dimensional characters with only a single skill unless you pay extra, though:/
Langy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:34 AM   #23
Luke Bunyip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langy View Post
Contacts are also much too expensive for what they give you. A completely reliable contact that you can always use once per day with a skill of 12 or less costs 12 points, while just purchasing an H skill up to Stat+2 costs the same amount. Contacts provide no game benefit aside from a single use of a single skill per day, either, which makes them nearly useless, and certainly useless for modeling pull with the mob.
That may be right, but they do give plot hooks for the GM. Which is not to be sneezed at.

Tags
budget, influence, monster hunters, patron