Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-23-2017, 02:37 PM   #11
Paulon

Default Re: GURPS Roleplayer Bundle & Pyramid Classic Bundle

I haven't gone over the Roleplayer ones in detail, but there's quite a bit I found of interest in the Pyramid issues. YMMV of course.

Last edited by Paulon; 03-23-2017 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Typo on tablet keyboard
Paulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 02:52 PM   #12
PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
Well this is interesting. I'm very close to being a GURPS completist, but I don't have the faintest idea if I should buy this or not. I do like to raid 3e books for ideas, in spite of never having played 3e, but will I get the same out of 1e?
If you'd like an idea of the sort of things found within, we have a text-only dump of every Roleplayer that you can look through.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 03:02 PM   #13
GM Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
If you'd like an idea of the sort of things found within, we have a text-only dump of every Roleplayer that you can look through.
I don't know about you, but after reading that I'm getting really excited about this new GURPS Basic Set. Man-to-Man has been so much fun, I can't imagine how much fun the whole RPG will be!

(And I'll forgive Steve for making me buy the same rules twice, since he'll give me $5 back for my Man-to-Man proof of purchase.)
Old 03-23-2017, 05:28 PM   #14
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
At this time, we have no plans to release such an all-encompassing bundle. We have openly talked about doing some sort of "Best of Volume 2" compilation, but there's currently nothing in that vein to announce. (Feel free to read that as, "We want to, but creating such a thing calls for a significant chunk of our resources and we keep needing those elsewhere.")

<MOD> Feel free to discuss this topic here -- it's obviously at least somewhat relevant -- but don't expect any more official answers on this particular subject. </MOD>
In the vein of Wild Mass Speculation, a series of compilations (by column, or by year?) might be useful. But yes, the problem of labor is a big one.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 06:37 PM   #15
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
In the vein of Wild Mass Speculation, a series of compilations (by column, or by year?) might be useful. But yes, the problem of labor is a big one.
Another possible split is "by game" - IIRC, there was support for more than just GURPS in Pyramid 2.

This might be the only way we'll see a "new" release for some of those games...
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:34 PM   #16
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
Well this is interesting. I'm very close to being a GURPS completist, but I don't have the faintest idea if I should buy this or not. I do like to raid 3e books for ideas, in spite of never having played 3e, but will I get the same out of 1e?
The old Roleplayer magazines are really useful to see the genesis of some things that later became core features of GURPS (for instance Techniques had their start in one of the last Roleplayers published).

Other than that you can certainly glean ideas from articles, just as well as with the old Pyramids.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:10 AM   #17
mehrkat

I just bought both bundles.

After looking at the bundle I have a minor nitpick. Inside the zip file the file names aren't descriptive. Most SJ games products I buy have a descriptive name like
Powerups: Limitations
or
Dungeon Fantasy: Treasure Tables.

It makes it easier to arrange and find the file. However, the files inside the zip have only the item number as the name. Not a major issue to change the name but with 60 file names it has a nonzero level of annoyance.

I'm still holding my hopes out for a Pyramid Volume 2 bundle (maybe an unedited version of all the online files) might be purchasable.

This is a minor nitpick. The few issues I've had a chance to browse have been nice.
Old 04-08-2017, 08:02 AM   #18
Bruno

Roleplayer didn't have tight themes or titled issues, so there's literally nothing for SJG to put there.

I'm less sure about Pyramid Vol 01, but I don't think they had named issues either.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pyramid, roleplayer