Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 01-27-2018, 04:44 AM   #1
Dimis90

Default Cleric resurrection/Discard Pile

Hello Everyone i just made account in the forum so don't hate if i made in wrong topic this question.

First of all I know exactly how Cleric's resurrection ability works. But yesterday we had a heated argue with my friends about which card was on the top of the discard doors pile.

So before my turn starts a friend of mine was fighting a 1 level monster and we don't let him to win because he was reaching 10, simply by throwing monster boosters.

So now my question is with which order those cards are getting discarded. I mean that first the boosters are getting discarded and then the monster, which gives me the ability to resurrect it as a cleric or the monster is discarded and above of it the monster boosters giving me no right to resurrect the monster ?

thank you
Dimis90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 07:14 AM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Cleric resurrection/Discard Pile

The player whose turn it is decides the order of the discards. And yes, that is one way to mess with Clerics, if the other players are paying attention.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 07:38 AM   #3
Dimis90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
The player whose turn it is decides the order of the discards. And yes, that is one way to mess with Clerics, if the other players are paying attention.
Ok but the monster booster (+5,+10 e.t.c.) is supposed to discard instantly after use or stays untill the monster goes away or getting killed ?
Dimis90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:13 AM   #4
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis90 View Post
Ok but the monster booster (+5,+10 e.t.c.) is supposed to discard instantly after use or stays untill the monster goes away or getting killed ?
Monster Enhancers stay on the Monster they are played on until the Monster is removed from the combat, whether through a card, a special ability, or by killing it. One-shot Items used in a combat remain until their effect has completed. That means that one-shot Items that give a bonus to one side have an effect that last until the combat is over.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote