Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-22-2018, 02:57 PM   #1
lvalero

Default [DF] Spy

I am planning to create a diplomat-spy template for a DF/Fantasy campaign. He is part a rogue, part a faceman and part a real diplomat.

I know more or less the skills I want but I am not sure about the powers and abilities.

The world has Chi/Arcane/Divine/Spiritual as power modifiers so any sobrenatural or highly cinematic abilities are allowed. No Psi.

Apart from the obvious ones (Charisma, Smooth Operator, Cultural Adaptability...) I am looking for something cool to offer, even if it is not very realistic.

So, do you have any ideas or recommendations about it? I would prefer to spend no more than 25-30 points per power but limitations are welcome.

Thanks!
Old 02-22-2018, 03:07 PM   #2
David Johnston2

Default Re: [DF] Spy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvalero View Post
I am planning to create a diplomat-spy template for a DF/Fantasy campaign. He is part a rogue, part a faceman and part a real diplomat.

I know more or less the skills I want but I am not sure about the powers and abilities.

The world has Chi/Arcane/Divine/Spiritual as power modifiers so any sobrenatural or highly cinematic abilities are allowed. No Psi.

Apart from the obvious ones (Charisma, Smooth Operator, Cultural Adaptability...) I am looking for something cool to offer, even if it is not very realistic.

So, do you have any ideas or recommendations about it? I would prefer to spend no more than 25-30 points per power but limitations are welcome.

Thanks!
Don't really know my way around DF, but I'd go with making such a character a Bard
David Johnston2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:27 PM   #3
Tinman

I know there are templates that will help you in DF-15 Henchmen.
IDHMBWM but look there.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:04 PM   #4
Sam Baughn

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and some other bits.

Between the Assassin, Innkeeper, Scholar, Thief and Ninja (and the Agent from Henchmen), there are a lot existing templates to raid for suggestions.

I'd actually avoid giving them much access to supernatural powers. They need to invest heavily in a lot of mundane stuff; social skills, investigation and stealth will eat up enough points that you probably won't have much to spend on anything else.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:00 PM   #5
Stone Dog

There are good templates for this in the Swashbuckler book as well.
Stone Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:25 AM   #6
Culture20

Intuition and serendipity are very useful for social type characters and thieves too. If you want the wishing version of serendipity, then you’ve got those power modifiers...
Luck’s never bad. If you want a a more supernatural spy, shadow form is amazing. Shapeshifting is also useful for a spy.
Visualization can also be handy for more than just physical actions if you have time to spend, and can easily be Spirit/Chi flavored. (“I’m calling on the spirit of Abraham Lincoln to help me give this speech”)
Culture20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 12:42 PM   #7
lvalero

Thanks for the comments! They are very helpful

I will take a glance over the commented templates.