Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-07-2017, 12:24 AM   #1
Yako

Default Discworld Roleplaying Game as PDF?

I was curious, are there any concrete dates about a PDF version of the Discworld Roleplaying game?

I am pretty interested in the product, but given that there would be at least 40 Dollars shipping cost for me on top of the price of the book, I am a bit hesitant to order a physical copy, especially since I overall prefer having PDFs.

However, while it has been out for a while now, there seems to be nothing on a pdf release anywhere.
I honestly am a bit surprised, given that GURPS is usually so focused on PDfs over hardcopies, so what exactly is the rationale behind not having a pdf available from the start?

I am pretty sure I am not the only overseas customer who is waiting for one, given that shipping is pretty expensive, so, erh, do you not want our money too? ^^ ;
Yako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 01:29 AM   #2
Refplace

Default Re: Discworld Roleplaying Game as PDF?

No word on this.
They need to make enough money back on physical sales, remember its a licensed product so there are likely to be extra requirements and a large investment in that physical product.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 01:43 AM   #3
Celjabba

I also prefer PDF, but I finally bought it because I wanted it for demo games... still waiting for Mars Attack pdf however.
I got it from a reseller on amazon, with free shipping I saved about 20$ from a w23 import. (or more likely 60$ if custom decided its a game not a book)
It is not available right now on either amazon .fr .de or .co.uk , but you may want to check from time to time.

Last edited by Celjabba; 05-09-2017 at 04:37 AM.
Celjabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:17 AM   #4
Yako

I admit, I feel like deciding to only sell a pdf after having sold a certain amount of print copies seems not too good a strategy to me.
The international shipping is just prohibitively expensive and that should include the UK, which should be a pretty good market for anything Discworld related...

In short, if they do not sell it as a PDF, I think I am not the only one who will likely not be buying it (and rather work with 3rd edition material adapted to 4th) and those are completely lost profits then - which will not be more profitable for the holder of the intellectual property either...

I would not mind a hardcopy if nothing else was available, but not for 80$ plus whatever customs apply...
I do not really want to pay that much for a product I do not even want in this form...
Yako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:25 AM   #5
Imion

@Yako: If your location tag can be trusted: You can get GURPS Discworld in Germany for less than EUR 40. Free S&H, no customs duties. And no, this isn't the shady deal it might sounds like, just a german online shop.

Last edited by Imion; 05-07-2017 at 08:37 AM.
Imion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:37 AM   #6
dom1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yako View Post
The international shipping is just prohibitively expensive and that should include the UK, which should be a pretty good market for anything Discworld related...
I got mine through a game shop in Oxford and only paid £34 for it. Bargain!
dom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 06:03 PM   #7
Žorkell
Icelandic - Approach With Caution

I got it through my FLGS and paid IIRC 5990 ISK* for it.

*Which at current exchange rates is €51.41, $56.54, £43.63

Viking kittens | My photos | More of my photos
Žorkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:18 AM   #8
Tomsdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom1 View Post
I got mine through a game shop in Oxford and only paid £34 for it. Bargain!
Gameslore still has it, delivery in the UK for £31.75

Last edited by Tomsdad; 05-08-2017 at 07:21 AM.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:44 AM   #9
pgb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsdad View Post
Gameslore still has it, delivery in the UK for £31.75
That is a good price. My FLGS (http://www.patriotgames.ltd.uk) has it online at £38.49 inc UK delivery (£33.99 w/o delivery). I got mine from there, but picked it up myself - so now I'm happy to encourage others to buy from there!
pgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:21 AM   #10
Tomsdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgb View Post
That is a good price. My FLGS (http://www.patriotgames.ltd.uk) has it online at £38.49 inc UK delivery (£33.99 w/o delivery). I got mine from there, but picked it up myself - so now I'm happy to encourage others to buy from there!
It's a tough one for me, I'd always recommend Leisure Games. They are great, they get everything, and will happily order in if they don't have it. I've been buying from them for decades at this point, and I used to look forward to catching the Northern line from Elephant & Castle to Finchley on a Saturday morning (usually with a stinging hang over) to blow some cash with them.

But Gameslore beats them on price
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
discworld, discworld rpg, pdf