Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 08-15-2005, 09:44 AM   #1
Kyoya

Default User Made Items for GCA4

This is an effort to compile all the custom GCA stuff into one thread as I suggested. So here we go...

Several folks have made various add-ons for GCA4:

Melange has been making several custom Character Sheets. Including his more than cool Flexsheet.

Kuroshima has made two GURPS Spirits ritual magic data sheets, covering the techniques as both average skills and hard skills.

Silverthorne has compiled an excellent list of quirks in a data sheet.

Sheldrine has also made a custom sheet that can use potraits the size of a typical Neverwinter Nightsİ character portrait.

I've got a fantasy equipment guide that I'll be adding to.

Eric B has 4e conversions of Alien Races and Fantasy Folk and a few other goodies.

You can find these files at Melange Madness Network, Corey's GURPS Stuff, and of course Eric's GURPSLand.

If I missed your custom character sheet or data file post and let me know. I'll update the top post as needed.

If you need your non-official stuff hosted for others contact Melange or Myself and we'll put them up.

That's about it because I hate starting threads.
MIB #2289 | I host some GCA stuff
Kyoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 02:57 PM   #2
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: User Made Items for GCA4

If anybody wants my THS template conversions, I'll post 'em somewheres. However, they are somewhat different from other people's versions of the same stuff.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 03:44 PM   #3
Kyoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding
If anybody wants my THS template conversions, I'll post 'em somewheres. However, they are somewhat different from other people's versions of the same stuff.
If you're willing to share it that's good enough for me, and if no one else does a THS templates data sheet, you win by default. :-)
Old 08-16-2005, 04:01 PM   #4
Kyoya

Also if you're hosting any custom sheets of your own post and let folks know.

It's a lot easier for some to make their own tweaked versions of a data sheet if someone else has a base they can start from.

Additionally I'm currently working on Traveller 4e updates with Lethe (I believe haven't heard from him) and if anyone wants to help out let me know.

Right now I'm tackling Alien Races 1&2, races are done just working on the profession templates.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:47 PM   #5
MIB.6361

Location: Phoenix, Arizona, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Infinity.

I haven't even tried. Are the data sheets in GCA easier than the ones for GCB? I tried some custom ones in GCB and got frustrated before I was successful at it.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:09 PM   #6
Kyoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIB.6361
I haven't even tried. Are the data sheets in GCA easier than the ones for GCB? I tried some custom ones in GCB and got frustrated before I was successful at it.
Data sheets are much, much easier than character sheets and much easier than GCB.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:03 AM   #7
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIB.6361
While the data format in GCA is less flexible then GCB (GCB being based on Metacreator, which is supposed to do ANY rpg of course) it's also FAR FAR more human readable.

It still helps to have a bit of a head for programming, but if you don't it'll at least be less painful. :D
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 10:38 AM   #8
taotegambit

I have a Magic Items list out there somewhere. It was written for 2.2 but I am in the process of converting it to 4. If anyone has MagicItems I would be happy to add them to my current file.

Sean-Michael
taotegambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 08:04 AM   #9
Almafeta

Since it looks like GDFs go here: Fuzion GDF.
Almafeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 08:50 PM   #10
PK

I have a selection of custom datafiles for GCA at the MyGURPS GCA Page with the following:

1. A GDF that adds in my house rules, for those who like them. It causes Per and Will to be based off of 10 (instead of IQ), reduces the value of age-related traits, fixes Arm ST/DX, adds the Diabetic disadvantage, includes several new Modifiers for advantages, and more. Check out the main MyGURPS page (link in my .sig) for details.

2. A GDF that adds the rules for Ritual Magic with two tweaks to improve it and prevent abuse: Path skills no longer default to core skills and spells are Average techniques instead of Hard. Small changes, but they really improve the Ritual Magic rules, in my experience.

3. The GDF for GURPS Mysteries, which is now part of the official data update. If and when I get around to converting the Professional Templates, you'll see them here first.

4. A GDF compilation of Talents and Wildcard! Skills -- all of the official ones from the various sourcebooks (so you don't have to include every single GDF in your dataset just to get the Talents) plus the best of the best from right here in the forums. I really recommend this one for the homebrew stuff alone.

5. (Just added) The GDF-in-progress for our GURPS Star Trek game. Not very polished, but it's got Starfleet Enlisted, Starfleet Academy, and Klingon Marine templates; rules, skills, and equipment for the Bat'leth; and racial templates for Klingons, Ullians (they were in one TNG episode) and an amphibious player-created race, the Nadissians.

Instructions: I've also included a set of instructions explaining how to download, save, and install these files for anyone not familiar with the process.

Feel free to look through and download any of these files and use them if you like them.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}

Last edited by PK; 01-24-2006 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Updating for most recent uploads
PK is offline   Reply With Quote