Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 01-25-2020, 11:53 AM   #31
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Companion 2

The Dungeon Fantasy Companion 2 campaign hits the 48 hr mark later today and moves into the final few days.

In addition to the new book, there are reward levels that include other releases in the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game line. You can find more info here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...wered-by-gurps

We have other GURPS projects planned for the year. To keep up with all of our Kickstarter projects, please follow both Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23 on Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/warehouse23

https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/sjgames
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 07:21 PM   #32
beetle496

I bit the bullet and got in under the wire, at $135.

I think DF will be a great introduction to GURPS and RPG generally. My teen-age son has expressed some mild interest in D&D (we got the cheap 5e D&D intro boxed set last Xmas). I can’t quite figure out why he and his friends are not playing already. Hopefully they will run with it!
beetle496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 06:58 AM   #33
Dalin

I received my printed copy yesterday. Skimmed it last night and was amazed at the amount of new crunch it includes for DFRPG, especially in chapter 3. In addition to the magic items and monsters from the first two chapters, just about every villain in chapter 3 features something players can use: new racial templates, professional abilities, etc. It is jam packed with useful goodies!
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 07:56 AM   #34
Raekai
World's Worst Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post
I received my printed copy yesterday. Skimmed it last night and was amazed at the amount of new crunch it includes for DFRPG, especially in chapter 3. In addition to the magic items and monsters from the first two chapters, just about every villain in chapter 3 features something players can use: new racial templates, professional abilities, etc. It is jam packed with useful goodies!
I was quite pleased with this as well. I would love to see more and more content like this for the DFRPG, and I will gladly continue paying for it!
Raekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 08:09 AM   #35
tbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post
It's already shipping?? I thought it wouldn't ship til April. (Then again, I don't pay attention well.)

Anyone know when the PDF version will be blasted to buyers?

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 03:06 PM   #36
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone View Post
It's already shipping?? I thought it wouldn't ship til April. (Then again, I don't pay attention well.)

Anyone know when the PDF version will be blasted to buyers?
The team is working on PDF distribution. We will certainly have that complete by the estimated delivery date of April.
Old 02-29-2020, 03:09 PM   #37
beetle496

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone View Post
It's already shipping?
Yes, got mine today. U.S. East coast.
beetle496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 05:06 PM   #38
Michael Thayne

I'm very nearly a completist when it comes to buying GURPS books but I somehow missed this kickstarter. When will it be available for sale (particularly in PDF form) to people who didn't participate in the kickstarter? Also, do the included monsters in fact include centaurs and orcish war-pigs?
Michael Thayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 01:22 AM   #39
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
I'm very nearly a completist when it comes to buying GURPS books but I somehow missed this kickstarter. When will it be available for sale (particularly in PDF form) to people who didn't participate in the kickstarter? Also, do the included monsters in fact include centaurs and orcish war-pigs?
The book will be available once fulfillment to the Kickstarter backers is complete.

We recommend following us on Kickstarter to receive email notification when new projects launch.
Old 03-01-2020, 06:43 AM   #40
Dalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
Also, do the included monsters in fact include centaurs and orcish war-pigs?
Yes! The centaur includes a racial template (100 points) along with some special traits (hooves, etc.). The warhog includes a "Riders on the Swine" sidebar with details for orc riders and the possibility of "Heroes on Hogs." Other monsters include the astuca (subterranean bugs), elastoids (stretchy gray creeps), harpies (with a few variations), and osisizi (spiny jungle humanoids).
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote