Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-23-2019, 10:30 PM   #41
Daigoro

Default Re: Setting Fusion

For my gaming circle, every setting has some amount of genre fusion. For us, if there weren't any genre mash up of some sort, we weren't GURPSing right.
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 09:28 AM   #42
Astromancer

The game Rocket Age simply takes the pulp sci fi solar system and has it set in the same time period as when the stories were written. Just move the dial up to WWII. Flash Gordon meet Sargeant Rock.

The nature of the war and it's manuvers would change. Germany and Japan could be real allies rather than distant pen pals.

Ancora Imparo
Astromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 12:21 PM   #43
Johnny Angel

Resident Evil & Willy Wonka

All of the PCs are invited to tour the candy factory of an eccentric for a weekend. The PCs will be given lodging, and the tour will consist of the massive factory (which also has elements of a theme park). What they don't know is that, at midnight, horrible beasts will be unleashed.

It needn't be Resident Evil. The same idea could be based upon Dracula, scenarios from the board game Betrayal at House on The Hill, or a variety of other things.
Johnny Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 09:56 AM   #44
AlexanderHowl

An interesting fusion would be Old World of Darkness and Star Wars. Every species would have its mages, shapeshifters, vampires, changelings, and wraiths. Each planet would have its own version of Gaia and the Triat.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 03:31 PM   #45
Randyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture20 View Post
I've long desired to run a GURPS Black Ops game where the players eventually suspect the Corporation of something sinister, only to discover that the leaders of their various departments (known only by their first names; Michael, Marc, Jean, Eli[usually absent, Tech Department takes orders from Jean], Dominic) are Archangels a la In Nomine. Psi-operatives are in tune with the Symphony. The Grays are all from the Veil along with other monsters. Demons are usually dealt with by superior agents. The Secret takes on a new angle: they can not tell the other agents about the Real Corporation...
Quote:
Originally Posted by khorboth View Post
Interesting. I'm stealing this.

I had a similar idea, but it started with Mage instead of Black Ops. The magi would turn out to be a long-game emerging force for one side or the other.
I've long wanted to run Black Ops with the Cabal, at full cry, as the major foe.

I've also seen material for a World of Darkness/In Nomine fusion. The Mages only think they know the Nature of All Things...

"(GURPS) isn't a game but a toolkit for building games, and the GM needs to use it intelligently" - Kromm
Randyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 04:42 PM   #46
Astromancer

On some of the other threads on this forum we were talking about what a great RPG setting the old TV show the Starlost is ( they botched the show as a show, even if it often has some impressive bits and pieces). This led me to the idea, occult conspiracy on a generation starship. Hard boiled dective, blended with "Orphan of the Stars," and "The Burning Court." Maybe toss in a little "House with a Clock in its Walls."

Ancora Imparo
Astromancer is offline   Reply With Quote