Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 04-11-2014, 11:59 AM   #1
Woof Dah

Default Question on drawing Door cards

New to Munchkin, hoping someone can clarify the process for drawing Door cards during a turn.

When you start your turn by drawing a Door card and the card isn't a monster or a curse, does that card stay in the discard pile? For instance, if you choose not to fight a monster via a card from your hand, would you then loot the room by drawing another card face-down from the deck?

Thanks!
Woof Dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:24 PM   #2
Brf

Default Re: Question on drawing Door cards

If you Kick Open the Door and the card is not a Curse or a Monster, you put the card in your hand. Then you can either Look for Trouble by fighting a monster from your hand, or Loot the Room by drawing a Door card and putting the card in your hand.
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:08 PM   #3
Woof Dah

Thanks Brf, looks like I completely missed the boat on this one. So basically if you don't draw a monster or curse card and decide to loot the room then you end up with 2 cards in your hand.

So would the only difference be that the first card is seen by other players before it goes into your hand and the second (from looting the room) is face down?
Old 04-11-2014, 01:53 PM   #4
Brf

Yes.
The "Kick Open the Door" card is shown face-up, so all of the players see it.
The "Loot the Room" card is face-down, so only the player drawing it sees it.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:00 PM   #5
Woof Dah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brf View Post
Yes.
The "Kick Open the Door" card is shown face-up, so all of the players see it.
The "Loot the Room" card is face-down, so only the player drawing it sees it.
Thanks again, Brf, that helps a lot. Bought Munchkin this week and playing it with my family. My 11-yr old son has friends coming over tomorrow so I'm trying to clear up as much of the confusion as possible regarding the rules.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:42 PM   #6
Brf

Be sure to read the Useful Info thread in the regular Munchkin forum : http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=1044
It is full of answers to common questions, such as "When can I play certain cards?" and "What does a Cheat! card do?"
Old 04-12-2014, 08:54 AM   #7
Woof Dah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brf View Post
Be sure to read the Useful Info thread in the regular Munchkin forum : http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=1044
It is full of answers to common questions, such as "When can I play certain cards?" and "What does a Cheat! card do?"
Yep, going through these but there's a lot to digest so it's going slow and sometimes this just creates more questions. :) But I appreciate the help and this seems like a nice community.