Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

View Poll Results: I rule the order of attacks as follows:
Axe, Longbow, Crossbow -- it's RAW 4 23.53%
Longbow, then roll-off between Axe and Crossbow -- it's RAW 11 64.71%
My ruling isn't listed here. Don't worry, I'll explain later 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2019, 07:20 AM   #31
MikMod

Default Re: YOU'RE the GM: the circular firing squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobW View Post
Sure I can see, and in fact I think I said a few times, we have always played with no facing bonus for thrown weapons. It never even occurred to me as a possibility until hearing something on this forum.
Sorry! I must have misunderstood. I thought you were saying that in real life you thought a thrown weapon would get a bonus for facing where a bow would not, leading to the (effective in TFT terms) 50% bow/90% boomerang in the back situation!
MikMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 08:19 AM   #32
RobW

Ha! I think we are definitely not understanding each other, so with I hope no ill will either way maybe we let this one drop?
RobW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 08:38 AM   #33
MikMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobW View Post
Ha! I think we are definitely not understanding each other, so with I hope no ill will either way maybe we let this one drop?
Hey - of course - there's no ill will simply because two people see things differently! I hope you don't mind me trying to understand your thinking? I'm sorry if it felt contentious :)

Personally I'm glad to note that I'm not doing it any different than most people out there, and this whole thread makes it very plain that the wording in the new ITL is unhelpful at best, especially given the clarity in AM.

As Skarg(?) said - the most important thing is that any new publications and 'player aids' make it clearer, not more obscure. :/
MikMod is offline   Reply With Quote