Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-05-2016, 07:29 PM   #1
preteriteeggnog

Default Which resources have the largest amount of character and NPC builds in one place?

Hello,

I am interested in researching a wide variety of game systems. I want to get more of a handle on GURPS because the system has some very interesting ideas. I think at this point I would like to see some more examples of how the character generation system fits together to better understand GURPS. The basic set does not seem to have very many pregenerated characters and NPCs to me and the magic supplement does not have any pregen mage builds. Which resources and supplements have the largest and most varied character and NPC builds? I am okay with spending some money but I would like to obtain the most value for my money.
preteriteeggnog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:40 AM   #2
Frost

Default Re: Which resources have the largest amount of character and NPC builds in one place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by preteriteeggnog View Post
Which resources and supplements have the largest and most varied character and NPC builds? I am okay with spending some money but I would like to obtain the most value for my money.
Hi, welcome to the forums.

First of all what do you plan to use GURPS for? While GURPS is a genuinely briliant set up it is very much a toolkit as such there is not going to be a single right answer.

If you just want worked character examples I would suggest either looking at either one of the genre books Space, Fantasy etc or something like Dungeon Fantasy. You won't find many complete characters but you will find a lot of templates intended to simplify character creation.
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pregen chars, resources