Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 08-09-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
IMLRG

Default Specific Questions

My friend bought Munchkin Quest about a week ago, and we have been playing it fervently. However, recently, there have been a couple of disagreements (that we argued about loudly, via the rules) that pretty much stopped the game for us (I REALLY don't like to lose arguments.) So, I was wondering:

1. Does the Armor Turned to Pudding card destroy multiple armors?
Example: My firend used the Cheat card to equip the Short, Wide Armor in addition to the Naughty Armor they were already wearing. Would the Armor Turned to Pudding card destroy one or both of them?

2. Does the Flaming Armor count in battle against the Frost Giant?
Example: My friend is fighting the Frost Giant, and has the Flaming Armor equipped. The Frost Gaint will beat them if it doesn't count. Since the Flaming Armor says "Grants Fire POWER," and the Frost Gaint "Protects against flaming ATTACKS," does the armor work?

Sorry If I didn't put this in the right place, I'm new. ;) Thanks in advance!
IMLRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Specific Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMLRG View Post
1. Does the Armor Turned to Pudding card destroy multiple armors?
Example: My firend used the Cheat card to equip the Short, Wide Armor in addition to the Naughty Armor they were already wearing. Would the Armor Turned to Pudding card destroy one or both of them?
No. It would destroy one or the other, but not both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMLRG View Post
2. Does the Flaming Armor count in battle against the Frost Giant?
Example: My friend is fighting the Frost Giant, and has the Flaming Armor equipped. The Frost Gaint will beat them if it doesn't count. Since the Flaming Armor says "Grants Fire POWER," and the Frost Gaint "Protects against flaming ATTACKS," does the armor work?
I would have to look at the Frost Giant card to be sure what it says, but the Flaming Armor DEFINITELY counts as a flaming attack, since it gives you a combat bonus.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:15 PM   #3
andrewshen123

1. Quote:
    Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
    That doesn't say that [Cheat] removes these properties from items; Headgear is still Headgear, a Big item is still a Big item, and so on. If you're cursed to lose your Headgear, and the only Headgear you have is Cheated, you still have to lose it.
    It seems as if though while a Curse card will remove Cheated equipment, if you have more than one item eligible to be removed, you can choose which one you lose. That's what I inferred from the phrase "and the only [eligible item] you have is cheated", anyways.
  2. Quote:
    Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
    If you have the Flame power, you will have a Flaming attack.
    So yes, the Flaming Armor would count as a Flaming attack.

Edit: It seems as if Andrew beat me as I was doing the research :(
andrewshen123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:45 PM   #4
IMLRG

The Frost Giant issue was resolved with this post (thanks you kindly!), but the Armor Turned to Pudding one was not.... We've decided that our problem is a problem of semantics, whether the Armor Turned to Pudding refers to Armor as a singular or plural noun, since it can be both. It reads, and I quote badly, ".... Destroy the armor your opponent is wearing." Now, I know that it's pretty sad that we're arguing over semantics in a board game, but what can I say? I'm stubborn.

So, does the card refer to Armor in its singular form (Or, read more simply, my friend was right and I was wrong?)

Last edited by IMLRG; 08-10-2009 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Corrected Grammar Mistakes
IMLRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:39 AM   #5
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

As I already said, Armor Turns To Pudding removes ONE Armor card from play. If the victim has multiple Armor cards in play, he chooses which one to discard.

(I don't believe that MQ has any cards that say "if you lose your Armor, this goes with it," as Munchkin does, but obviously you'd follow that instruction, if so.)

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
argument, help needed, question