Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 03-04-2009, 12:39 AM   #1
Mach5RR

Default Super-Munchkin and Loaded Die issues

Actually, two questions.

[Mod edit: Don't do this. Unrelated questions get separate threads.]

Loaded/reloaded die: We assumed this can be played against ANY die, which is awesome for training monsters on poor saps. But if this is the case, does playing it alter who gets the dxm card, or is one just not given in this case.

Last edited by Andrew Hackard; 03-04-2009 at 12:49 AM.
Mach5RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:28 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Loaded Die issues

Loaded Die may be played by the roller of the die (it says as much on the card). So, if you happen to be rolling for one of your Monsters (one that has the same color base as your pawn), then yes, you may play Loaded Die for that roll.

Reloaded Die may be played on someone else's die roll, not your own. (It says as much on the card).

So, if Player A rolls, for whatever reason and gets a good roll, Player B can play a Reloaded Die to make it bad, but Player A can then play a Loaded Die to trump Player B's Reloaded Die. Of course, Players B, C or D can then play a Reloaded Die to trump Player A's Loaded Die, until Player A plays another Loaded Die, or if one of the other players want to play a Reloaded Die to help out Player A (it can happen).
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:35 AM   #3
The Benj

When the rules say "a die", they mean a normal d6. If they mean the d10 or Monster Die, they'll say so.
The Benj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:41 AM   #4
The Benj

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan
Loaded Die may be played by the roller of the die (it says as much on the card). So, if you happen to be rolling for one of your Monsters (one that has the same color base as your pawn), then yes, you may play Loaded Die for that roll.
The original poster wants to know if you can use it for the Monster Die (the colour one, that is), rather than for combat.

Last edited by The Benj; 03-04-2009 at 05:00 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:43 AM   #5
Brandy

To explicitly answer the question behind the question above ("Can I use loaded die on the Die roll for Monster Movement, and if I do, who gets the DxM card?"):

1) The monster die is a die.
2) Loaded die says it can be used to change the result when you roll "any die for any reason", and says of the new result "that's your roll."

3) Therefore, loaded die can be used to alter the monster die when it is rolled on the turn that follows yours (i.e. when you are the one rolling it), and
4) The player corresponding to the color you change it to gets the DxM.

(That's my take, anyway. I'm not official like Andrew or MunchkinMan.)
Old 03-04-2009, 04:59 AM   #6
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Benj
When the rules say "a die", they mean a normal d6. If they mean the d10 or Monster Die, they'll say so.
The d10 is a die. The Monster Die is a die. Says so in the name, actually. Anyway, the Reloaded Die and Loaded Die both say "any die, for any reason[.]" That's explicitly including the Monster Die and the d10 with that phrasing. Regardless, what the rules are trying to say is that any time you are given the instruction, "Roll a die," that means to roll a d6 unless otherwise instructed.

As for what Loaded Die and Reloaded Die mean: That's the final outcome, so if we're talking about the Monster Die, either for Movement or for base selection for a new Monster, then the final result would determine who gets a DxM.
MiB #1029

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 03-04-2009 at 05:04 AM.
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:01 AM   #7
The Benj

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan
The d10 is a die. The Monster Die is a die. Says so in the name, actually. Anyway, the Reloaded Die and Loaded Die both say "any die, for any reason[.]" That's explicitly including the Monster Die and the d10 with that phrasing.
Excellent. Yes, the "any" makes this clear. I just didn't have the cards in front of me to see the exact wording.