Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 02-15-2009, 09:10 PM   #1
SyN DracuL

Default Moving in MQ

Hey guys,
I have a question regarding MQ.

Basically, how do you move?
I have literally read that page 20 times and still don't understand.
I understand that the footprint counter things have something to do with it, but do you have to roll a die as well?

I'm not really sure how to word the question, so if someone can please explain the step, I would be very appreciative.
SyN DracuL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:19 PM   #2
bonetm

Default Re: Moving in MQ

You move from one room to the other. Each passageway has one "move cost" for you to get through. So, an open passage has 1 Move cost, a hidden door has a cost of three. It is that simple.
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:25 PM   #3
SyN DracuL

so, at most, you can move though as many passages as you have move tokens?

I had a feeling I was over-rationalizing the move phase.
SyN DracuL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:48 AM   #4
MIB2826

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyN DracuL
so, at most, you can move though as many passages as you have move tokens?

I had a feeling I was over-rationalizing the move phase.
As long as you can pay the cost of the links (3 for hidden and locked doors, 2 for junk passages, unless [various situations]), then you can keep moving.
MIB2826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:00 AM   #5
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIB2826
As long as you can pay the cost of the links (3 for hidden and locked doors, 2 for junk passages, unless [various situations]), then you can keep moving.
However, it's important to note that if you use all your Move for a turn, you can go through any passage. This keeps you from getting stuck in a room that you can't get out of (which can happen). So, if you have only 1 or 2 total Move per turn, you can still move through a locked door on your turn. If you have 4 total Move, use 2 and then want to go through a locked door, you're just going to have to wait until next turn or find a way to get more Move.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:26 AM   #6
rsearing

Erik,

I was going to post my own thread on this til I noticed this. My question is this - what is stopping a player from searching and making deals in the beginning of his/her turn and using up all of his/her move up front and *then* move. Since, on page 6 at top right, it says "...You can always go through one exit per turn, of any type, by spending all your move. This is true even if your Move is 0."

But - I noticed your reply below where you state "If you have 4 total Move, use 2 and then want to go through a locked door, you're just going to have to wait until next turn or find a way to get more Move."

Is it safe to infer, by your comment, that the "use 2" you refer to is in moving (thus - since you've moved - the "you can always go through one exit per turn" rule doesn't apply - since you're already moved)....but lets say you used 2 move by searching and Making a deal - you should be able to still make a move (explore)...right?

Sincerely,
Rob
rsearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:20 AM   #7
Malkavman

The rule does not say "all of your remaining move", it says "all of your move", so if you've used any move for this turn, you are incapable of using all of your move in one motion, and hence, cannot go through the door.

"I wouldn't even take a whiz on this! I used to DREAM of taking a whiz on this!" - The Monarch
Malkavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:21 AM   #8
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkavman
The rule does not say "all of your remaining move", it says "all of your move", so if you've used any move for this turn, you are incapable of using all of your move in one motion, and hence, cannot go through the door.
Exactly. If you choose to do other things with your Move, you forfeit the ability to go through certain types of passages. The rules, as written, prevent you from being forever stuck in a room you can't get out of and do not imply that you always get to move from one Room to another every turn, regardless of how much Move you have left.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:00 AM   #9
rsearing

Makes perfect sense - thank you!
rsearing is offline   Reply With Quote