Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 09-30-2018, 11:46 AM   #1
ParadoxGames

Default Lesser Wish/Limited Wish Possible typo?

I'm new to playing TFT so I'm not sure if this is a mistake.

Page 45 of ITL describes a "Limited Wish". Is that the same as a "lesser wish?", in the section that follows? If so, shouldn't the name be consistent and I found a typo/clerical error? If not, what is a lesser wish?

Also, how much experience does a lesser wish cost?

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2018, 11:58 AM   #2
Skarg

Default Re: Lesser Wish/Limited Wish Possible typo?

Good question!

I don't know the intended answer, and think it should be clearer.

My hope/interpretation is that it means that a Limited Wish bought with XP (see the next page, where it calls it a Lesser Wish but only describes one of the functions of a Lesser Wish like you can get from a Lesser Demon), is that your GM might want to limit your use of XP-bought wishes to just re-rolling some die-roll you don't like, and not for all of the other things a demon's Lesser Wish could do. (e.g. have all your injuries inexplicably vanish, or use it offensively to roll a forced triple damage on a long-distance crossbow shot to some important character's head).
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 12:03 PM   #3
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Yes, it was a think-o. Lesser Wish was intended, and it's fixed.

Please put suspected errors like this in the errata thread - I have an ever-shrinking number of hours to work, am prioritizing actual mistakes at this point, and would like things to be where I am likeliest to find them. Though right at this moment I am caught up, which is why I am reading other threads.

And to answer the question raised in an earlier Lesser Wish thread, here's new text:

(4) A Lesser Wish will instantly heal all a living character’s wounds, diseases, etc., bringing him back to full ST and health. It will not restore lost limbs, but see the Regeneration spell! (Note that if a Greater Wish is used for healing, it <I>would<I> restore all lost limbs and heal all disfigurements.)
(5) The character may wish for the answer to any yes-or-no question. If the GM chooses to reply, the querent will soon get an unmistakable answer. The GM does not have to reply, though. If the character does not get a reply, the Wish remains unused.
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 12:07 PM   #4
ParadoxGames

Sorry to be in the wrong thread. I never thought I'd know enough to find a typo and didn't know where to put them. In the rare chance my IQ roll succeeds and I find another, I'll know where to put it.
Old 09-30-2018, 12:20 PM   #5
Skarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
(4) A Lesser Wish will instantly heal all a living character’s wounds, diseases, etc., bringing him back to full ST and health. It will not restore lost limbs, but see the Regeneration spell! (Note that if a Greater Wish is used for healing, it <I>would<I> restore all lost limbs and heal all disfigurements.)
(5) The character may wish for the answer to any yes-or-no question. If the GM chooses to reply, the querent will soon get an unmistakable answer. The GM does not have to reply, though. If the character does not get a reply, the Wish remains unused.
Awesome with sauce! Skarg-approved. ;-)
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote