Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-30-2014, 10:37 PM   #1
Pluribus

Default Variable damage innate attack?

In short, we're looking at an innate attack that causes a rapid onset disease. IE less incubation period and faster cycles. To achieve that end I figure I'll just go with Tox damage with cycles and side effects.

Trouble is, I don't want it to be the same disease every time. What would be the best way to handle this?

If I recall correctly, you can get a substantial discount by making several attacks more or less part of the same package. IE "fire stuff" might include a fire whip, sword and fireball. Unless I'm just horribly wrong about that. I can't seem to find it in the book.

What modifier would there be for "non stacking", meaning a foe can only have one disease at a time? IE you can't give them the flue and smallpox, or even the flue twice, until one has run its course.

What modifier might exist for the disease being randomly selected? You don't know if they'll get the plague or the sniffles.
Pluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:10 AM   #2
Onkl

Default Re: Variable damage innate attack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluribus View Post
If I recall correctly, you can get a substantial discount by making several attacks more or less part of the same package. IE "fire stuff" might include a fire whip, sword and fireball. Unless I'm just horribly wrong about that. I can't seem to find it in the book.
Have a look at the Alternate Attack box on B61. That might give you a nudge in the right direction.

Cheers

Onkl
Onkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:58 AM   #3
Nereidalbel

Default Re: Variable damage innate attack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkl View Post
Have a look at the Alternate Attack box on B61. That might give you a nudge in the right direction.

Cheers

Onkl
This can also be interpreted to say that if you hit somebody again, the new disease completely overrides the old one. If you can't choose which one activates, apply Uncontrollable to the entire package.
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disease, innate attack, random