Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 03-02-2009, 05:05 AM   #11
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Multiple Monster & Monster Enhancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneLoc777
Another "multiple monster" question...

What happens when you fight multiple monsters of different color bases? How would a card that gives you an extra die vs monsters of a specific color work in that type of combat?
You would get the extra die if you were facing a Monster with that color base. If you had two such cards and were facing Monsters with the right color bases, you would get an extra die for each.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:07 PM   #12
ToneLoc777

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan
You would get the extra die if you were facing a Monster with that color base. If you had two such cards and were facing Monsters with the right color bases, you would get an extra die for each.

Let me give the exact scenario to clarify. I'm facing two monsters. One has a green base, and one has a blue base. I have a card that gives me an extra die against green monsters. So since I'm fighting two monsters at once, do I still get the extra die as long as at least one of the monsters is the right color for my card?
ToneLoc777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:38 AM   #13
Last Pawn

In a word: yes. So long as your card has a valid target, it does what it says it does. So when facing a monster with a green base and a monster with a blue base your "green" Bane Ring will give you your extra die. If you had both the blue and green Bane Rings in the above situation, each ring would give you an extra die, for a total of three dice: the basic die, one from the green Bane Ring for the monster with the green base, and one from the blue Bane Ring for the monster with the blue base.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:28 AM   #14
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Let me give the exact scenario to clarify. I'm facing two monsters. One has a green base, and one has a blue base. I have a card that gives me an extra die against green monsters. So since I'm fighting two monsters at once, do I still get the extra die as long as at least one of the monsters is the right color for my card?
I understood the scenario you were describing from your first post, and I answered the question based on that. If you meet the conditions of the card, you can do what the card says. If you had all 6 Bane Rings and were facing 6 Monsters, one each of all the colored bases, you'd get 6 extra dice. If all of those Monsters were Fearsome, you'd get 12 extra dice. If you're facing 3 Monsters, 2 of them are green and one is blue, and you had the Emerald Bane Ring, you'd get 2 extra dice.

What implies that this would not be the case?
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:22 AM   #15
ToneLoc777

Okay, thank you both for your answers. I got it now. I think I was just getting hung up on the idea of fighting multiple monsters as a single entity.

Thanks again for the quick replies!
ToneLoc777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:35 PM   #16
Marcus Evenstar

Location: Comfy Chair, Seattle Metroplex, NW US, NorthAm, Sol-3, Sector 2814

Quote:
What happens when you fight multiple monsters of different color bases? How would a card that gives you an extra die vs monsters of a specific color work in that type of combat?
Well, you'd still get the extra die so it works out well for the munchkin. If you have more than one ring, this could work out very well indeed.