Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 02-21-2019, 08:35 PM   #1
hcobb

Default Question about these new adventures

IQ 14 and Word of Command? My suggestion is to replace the useless enchantment on the stick with the WOC. Anybody who casts Staff on the stick asserts ownership over it and so is unaffected. Whenever they like they can turn the stick around so that everybody else can read it. (Or put a password limitation on it.)

BTW: Is anybody else going to write a Necropus adventure or is it just me? (Still working up to the first boss battle where Molly discovers that the death of the author has been slightly exaggerated. There's another boss battle after that to toughen her up before she joins Ms. tentacles for dinner.)

Last edited by hcobb; 02-21-2019 at 08:43 PM.
hcobb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 10:23 PM   #2
JLV

Default Re: Question about these new adventures

I find the Clockwork Tower adventure fascinating for several reasons:

1) Can anyone say "replacement for the Hymenopterans?"

2) The potential of an unrecognized Assembler to create ever more powerful creatures could easily eventually lead to the kind of automated factory and specialized weapons of war depicted in Rivets.

3) Eventually, from there, would the automated factory, if not interfered with, reach the capability of producing Ogres?

In short, you could easily have the germ of a TFT mass combat system in the Ogre/GEV system (adapted for medieval-ish warfare), and still capable of changing back into classic Ogre/GEV. The potential behind this simple adventure is absolutely enormous!! ;-)
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 08:43 AM   #3
larsdangly

I just skimmed them both and am impressed; very creative and fun, with a juicy mix of challenges. The designers seem to have a good feel for the appropriate power level of foes in a TFT dungeon - it is easy to blow everyone's doors off in this game if you stock a dungeon as you would for a moderately experienced D+D party.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:18 AM   #4
hcobb

Am I the only one who thinks that is a Sorcerer's Script Word of Command written on the staff on Curse page 10? If so would the Staff owner be immune?

If you do kill a wizard with a nifty staff then how do you safely transport it back to the Wizard's Guild for the Dissolve Enchantment of Staff?

"Oh we just found it someplace. The scratches were already on it when we found it."
Old 03-06-2019, 05:25 PM   #5
Skarg

In original TFT, Staff was a nice way to ensure only the wizard could use his staff enchantments. If now the Staff spell wears off at some point after death, that tactic isn't so effective (and that method for GMs to limit loot hauling is reduced).

As for moving a staff without touching it, that's a good question what the limits are for avoiding a staff explosion.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote