Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

View Poll Results: What is your typical Munchkin game like?
Just one core set. 11 5.37%
One core set with some or all of its expansions. 142 69.27%
Two or more core sets mixed together, but no expansions. 5 2.44%
Two or more core sets plus some expansions. 9 4.39%
Everything we have - all the core sets, expansions, and promo cards we can shuffle. 11 5.37%
Our games vary way too widely to answer any of the above. 20 9.76%
These choices do not adequately describe our games, and I shall explain in the comments. 7 3.41%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2013, 08:46 AM   #71
dudestuffiscool

Location: Atlanta, Ga, USA, North America, Earth, Milky Way, Universe, Existance
Default Re: What is your typical Munchkin game like?

I am almost always playing with people who have never played before, b/c the line of work I am in, people come and go frequently. I like to get together and play/teach munchkin often. So typically I will give a 10 second explanation of each expansion type and I will let the group pick. Sometimes it is just one of the expansions, sometimes it is a mix, and sometimes it is just the base game.
We DO use the coins almost every game but I can't bring myself to tear up the bookmarks, so we don't really play with those. >.<
I try to limit each game to 5 players so it doesn't last forever since those other 4 are people I am teaching.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #72
Railgunner

Our group is always one set with as many expansions as we have for that set + some foil packs. Although we have tried a Blended games once (Booty, Fantasy, Good/Bad and Axe Cop), it was great fun, and hopefully we find the time to do it again in Epic fashion!
Railgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:53 AM   #73
MiB3027

Loud.

Recently I have been playing a lot of Munchkin Booty with booty 2 and 3 packs of Fish & chips added in.

Otherwise I whip out the deck from hell. Base Munchkin with the all expansions (except #6), and multiples of "More Good Stuff" "Reloaded" & "Monster Enhancers" as well as doubles of all the Christmas, Easter & Conan sets. The sparkly good fairy is in there too, but I don't always use her deck.

It is big enough that I can actually split it into 3 decks for tournament play, and the deck is loved & hated at the same time because of the large number of curses and monster modifiers that are floating around (it does get bloody at times).
MiB3027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #74
Jedi_Jalapeno

Ive got Munchkin deluxe with expansion 2,4,6, and 7. Ive also got The Guild, Star, and Zombies. For other stuff, I have shiny green dice, The Duck of Doom plush, and a regular Kill-o-Meter. Plus two silver pieces and a couple of promo cards.
Jedi_Jalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote