Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-08-2017, 02:33 AM   #51
Daigoro

Default Re: GURPS Books we want (Not licensed)

There's also a planet building spreadsheet floating around somewhere based on Space 4e, which can automate the process a lot.
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:40 AM   #52
Anders

GURPS Bronze Age.

I would definitely welcome a Pyramid issue dedicated to the Bronze Age as well.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:50 AM   #53
The Cardinal

another vote for

GURPS

Bestiary

and

Space Opera (boxed edition)

also

GURPS

Science Fantasy (a genre/tech book for really wacko sword&planet/DyingEarth/farfuture/post-apocalypse/forgottenhistory/etc. settings - incl. 1-3 worked examples)
Old 03-08-2017, 06:10 AM   #54
Randyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cardinal View Post
GURPS

Science Fantasy (a genre/tech book for really wacko sword&planet/DyingEarth/farfuture/post-apocalypse/forgottenhistory/etc. settings - incl. 1-3 worked examples)
Another vote for this one. Call it GURPS PulpRev or GURPS Appendix N.

"(GURPS) isn't a game but a toolkit for building games, and the GM needs to use it intelligently" - Kromm
Randyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:42 AM   #55
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

I think a "Science Fiction" book would be just as useful as a "Space Opera" book. And they are sufficiently distinct to be able to do both.

I've used the generators in space extensively, but I have a love of random generators, and I freely admit to tweaking the base numbers. Particularly limb results. I also use the tactic of generating a large number of results quickly using electronic methods and taking the ones I find most interesting.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:35 PM   #56
Revturkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymdok View Post
Not to sow the seeds of Discord, but, simply as a curiosity, what kind of bestiary would you like? How would you 'break-down' the bestiary? What creatures do you think we're lacking that we dont have or that you cant build? You've seen creatures of the Night and Dungeon Fantasy Monsters right?

Nymdok
Well if just one book..a nice big book. In the region of 300 pages. I like how Hero 6th Edition did it...that is a good Bestiary, packed full.

At the moment everything is scattered all over the place and to players who can afford to get the Basic Set and want to get going without spending a small fortune to find all the creatures, npcs and robots and dinosaurs and super villains etc to pit their heroes against it is a bit of a nightmare. Most of the stuff is on pdf and especially with monsters and such, I very much prefer a book at the table for reference.

Here is a loosely thought out idea...Give me, 100 Super Villains, 100 Classic Fantasy Monsters, 100 Animals, 100 Sci-Fi Critters and Aliens, 100 Historical NPC types and 100 Classic Horror creatures and I think that would make a great and useful book. Put them 2 or 3 per page with a few choice illustrations. It's not so hard to re-skin monsters when you have a starting point and something along those lines would be helpful.

A collated, revised and expanded 'BOOK of TEMPLATES' would be cool as well. Getting them all into one useful place to speed up character generation etc..
Revturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:04 PM   #57
kdtipa

I'd like to see a fourth edition compendium. There are enough spread out tidbits that could be very useful in a single place.
kdtipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:06 PM   #58
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtipa View Post
I'd like to see a fourth edition compendium. There are enough spread out tidbits that could be very useful in a single place.
What would go into a compendium that hasn't already gone into the Power-Ups series?
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:54 PM   #59
Flaco76

GURPS Near Future and Space Characters (NPC's and mission ideas)

GURPS Space Atlas (already generated planets and societies along with adventures) similar to 1-4
Flaco76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 04:22 PM   #60
Fossilized Rappy

I'm probably going to just be repeating what I said the last time one of these threads came up, since I don't actually recall what I said in the last one, but I'd definitely go for...

-Bestiary series, as noted. There are a lot of real world, folkloric, and mythological creatures in just the 3E Bestiary and Fantasy Bestiary alone, much less all the natural history and legends those title's didn't comb over. The biggest problem these days is that racial templates are a lot more appealing for a chunk of the audience (myself included, for full disclosure) than small stat blocks, which means more legwork for whoever is writing it. It could also be a good place for consolidating some animal-beneficial traits in far-flung spots, like Gangly Limbs in Yrth Martial Arts or Soaring Flight in Pyramid 3-06.

-More books in the vein of Underground Adventures. Swamp Adventures, anyone? Or Desert Adventures, that's another one I'd personally love to see.

-More in the GURPS Disasters series. The ball has gotten rolling there, and I'd love to see more natural disasters covered in contrast to Meltdown and Fallout.

-More Sorcery! While the Sorcery system has made spell creation easier than ever, it never hurts to have more premade material.

-The Who's Who and Vehicles series as dictated on the Warehouse 23 Wish List.
Fossilized Rappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new books