Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #341
GEVJockey

Default Re: Ogre Kickstarter

1,684 units have been pre-ordered.

The last 24 hours increased the amount pledged by about $13K and increased the backer count by 97 to reach 1588 (Avg dropped to 4 backers per hour)

Average pledge per backer is $136.93.

At the current pledge per backer level we'll need to see another 238 backers to surpass $250K. If we maintain the 4 new backers per hour rate, we would reach that total by Saturday evening.
GEVJockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:47 AM   #342
Kale

Any word on international shipping yet? That would set off another funding bump I imagine...
Old 04-19-2012, 01:49 AM   #343
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kale View Post
Any word on international shipping yet? That would set off another funding bump I imagine...
Yeah, Update 6 has a lot about it:

"Now we’re on the right page (literally) and we see that, while costs just got less insane, our current box is still VERY close to a break-point in weight. We need to “feature lock” what goes in the box and get an EXACT weight. We’re working on that. (That means that yes, we have to stop adding stretch goals that increase weight.) Then we will be able to announce shipping rates."
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:51 AM   #344
zorg
Experimental Subject

I imagine with a package this big, shipping will be significant. And I don't want to think about taxes. Well, I'll see.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #345
Stabliser

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorg View Post
I imagine with a package this big, shipping will be significant. And I don't want to think about taxes. Well, I'll see.
If they are shipping it from China to the US, why not ship a container from china to europe, instead of china->us->europe. With the current size of the box it'll only need 40 copies to fill the container :)
Stabliser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #346
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Phil has given a lot of thought to containers going to different places, but (a) somebody has to receive them, do customs paperwork and so on, and distribute them reliably, and (b) it's over 600 games per container, even at the current humongeousness.
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #347
Nick Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabliser View Post
If they are shipping it from China to the US, why not ship a container from china to europe, instead of china->us->europe. With the current size of the box it'll only need 40 copies to fill the container :)
42 actually. ;)
Nick Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #348
mxslade

Location: Allentown,Pa. The hiding place during the revolutionary war & current home of the Real Liberty Bell

I had a question about the extra countersheets:

It says here: * Extra Counter Set. $40 - A duplicate set of the counter and overlay sheets that ship with the Kickstarter edition of the game. This will include any sheets added as stretch goals. (US only.)

But here it says: * One copy of the exclusive Kickstarter sheet (green Ogres, Targets Go Boom) - $8 - We are also adding one extra copy of this sheet to every order at $150 or based on $150. (There will be more additions to those levels.)

My question is if I already pledged for the Extra Counter Set will it include the exclusive Kickstarter Sheet ??
mxslade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #349
offsides

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxslade View Post
I had a question about the extra countersheets:

It says here: * Extra Counter Set. $40 - A duplicate set of the counter and overlay sheets that ship with the Kickstarter edition of the game. This will include any sheets added as stretch goals. (US only.)

But here it says: * One copy of the exclusive Kickstarter sheet (green Ogres, Targets Go Boom) - $8 - We are also adding one extra copy of this sheet to every order at $150 or based on $150. (There will be more additions to those levels.)

My question is if I already pledged for the Extra Counter Set will it include the exclusive Kickstarter Sheet ??
I believe that the way it works is as follows:

1) The Kickstarter counter sheet is being added to the total counter mix that comes with the game if purchased via Kickstarter. If you buy the game after it's over (assuming you don't buy a KS copy from a retailer who got it via KS), you don't get that counter sheet.
2) If you pleged $150 or more, you get 1 additional copy of the KS counter sheet.
3) Additional copies of the complete counter set that's included in the KS edition (Item 1) are $40 - thus, that should include 1 copy of the KS counter sheet.
4) Additional copies of just the KS counter sheet are $8 each via KS.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure Steve or Phil will correct me.
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #350
mxslade

Location: Allentown,Pa. The hiding place during the revolutionary war & current home of the Real Liberty Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by offsides View Post
I believe that the way it works is as follows:

1) The Kickstarter counter sheet is being added to the total counter mix that comes with the game if purchased via Kickstarter. If you buy the game after it's over (assuming you don't buy a KS copy from a retailer who got it via KS), you don't get that counter sheet.
2) If you pleged $150 or more, you get 1 additional copy of the KS counter sheet.
3) Additional copies of the complete counter set that's included in the KS edition (Item 1) are $40 - thus, that should include 1 copy of the KS counter sheet.
4) Additional copies of just the KS counter sheet are $8 each via KS.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure Steve or Phil will correct me.
Hopefully they will because you didn't answer the question I asked, which was:

If I already pledged for the Extra Counter Set will it include the exclusive Kickstarter Sheet ??
mxslade is offline   Reply With Quote