Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-04-2018, 12:06 AM   #11
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week (#53): Extra Head, Extra Mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
I don't have Martial Arts, so I don't understand that last post, but it looked important. ;)
It's mostly aimed at the box about Teeth in Close Combat and Grapples and how relative SM and Born Biter can make it very bad to be bitten...
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 12:32 PM   #12
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
It's mostly aimed at the box about Teeth in Close Combat and Grapples and how relative SM and Born Biter can make it very bad to be bitten...
So... that means it was worth including in this discussion about Extra Mouth, right? ^^'
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:00 PM   #13
Anthony

Quote:
So... that means it was worth including in this discussion about Extra Mouth, right? ^^'
I'd note that the rules for latching on are mentioned in DFRPG as well, though not in as much detail as MA gives. But yes, the rules for grabbing and worrying make a big difference for biting.
Old 03-04-2018, 01:52 PM   #14
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Definitely!

Should probably throw something into this thread (even the OP) about Born Biter as well...

If you don't get to it I'll try to remember to do it after work (a post about Born Biter and the Teeth stuff from MA).
Old 03-04-2018, 04:11 PM   #15
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
Definitely!

Should probably throw something into this thread (even the OP) about Born Biter as well...

If you don't get to it I'll try to remember to do it after work (a post about Born Biter and the Teeth stuff from MA).
Not sure I actually have anything on Born Biter in my own materials. My signature contains my entire GURPS 4e library; if I missed it in one of those, let me know. That said I should go back and add some of the related traits I overlooked because the text didn't spoon-feed it to me. I think I'll have to make that its own section...

...but it might have to wait until finish I getting this week's entry up and ready in a few hours. Oh well, at least this helps justify avoiding mutli-trait threads unless they are incredibly interconnected. I almost made one big thread called "Extra Body Parts", but how much longer would it have taken me to notice some of these finer details?
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Old 03-04-2018, 05:50 PM   #16
Anthony

I realize that using extra mouth for pincers also requires an enhancement that the mouth doesn't have a jaw hit location.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:13 PM   #17
Refplace

Quote:
Not sure I actually have anything on Born Biter in my own materials.
Yeah its in Martial Arts and I think PowerUps Perks.
Up to 3 levels and each level is +1 SM to what you can bite and easier to hit your jaw in combat.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 07:15 PM   #18
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Up to 3 levels and each level is +1 SM to what you can bite and easier to hit your jaw in combat.
If it is, I missed it even with Control + F.

I am seeing "Biting Mastery" and "Rapid Retraction" that apply to biting (and thus could matter for Extra Mouth).
Old 03-04-2018, 07:45 PM   #19
Refplace

Quote:
If it is, I missed it even with Control + F.

I am seeing "Biting Mastery" and "Rapid Retraction" that apply to biting (and thus could matter for Extra Mouth).
I just checked Biting Mastery is nice but not the same thing.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:29 AM   #20
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Just Martial Arts.

Tags
advantage, advantage of the week, bruno, extra head, extra mouth, otaku, week, [basic]