Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-07-2009, 06:07 PM   #31
robkelk
Untitled

Default Re: Need a transhumanist bunnygirl template

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawsplay View Post
Oh, and how about a bite attack? a bunny can chew through a table leg.
An interesting idea, but it doesn't fit the character as pictured. Maybe I'll put it in as an optional trait...
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:41 PM   #32
robkelk
Untitled

I thought people might like to see the finished product... (The ILR is the group that's intolerant of catpeople; the term is borrowed from Steve Gallacci’s Albedo comic.)

Fenspace "Generic Bunnygirl"

(substantially altered from the Lepus template in GURPS Bio-Tech)

74 points

Attribute Modifiers: DX +1 [20]; HT+1 [10]; Basic Speed +0.5 [10].

Advantages: Acute Hearing +3 [6]; Acute Taste and Smell +2 [4]; Claws (blunt) [3]; Night Vision (5) [5]; Racial Skill Bonus (Jumping) (2) [4]; Striking ST (+2, kicks only) [6]; Super Jump (1) [10]; Resistant to Disease (+3) [3]; Peripheral Vision [15].

Perks: Fur [1]; Reproductive Control [1]; Shorter Gestation [1]; Temperature Tolerance (added to "cold" end) [1].

Disadvantages: Dependency ("random" food or drink item specific to individual, but note racial Addiction Quirk; very common, weekly) [-10]; Lecherousness (9) (Accessibility: only in mating season, -80%) [-4]; Susceptible (digestive toxins, -5 to HT: cannot vomit) [-5]; Unusual Biochemistry (biomodified) [-5].

Quirks: Addiction (carrots, minor) [-1]; Unnatural Features (rabbit's eyes, ears, and tail) [-1];

Features: Crepuscular (sleeps 1/3 of the time, broken up into 4 hour periods centered around noon and midnight), Easy Childbirth, Estrus, Increased Fecundity.

Taboo Traits:
Genetic Defects. If female, Appearance below Attractive.

Lenses:
  • House-pet base [-10]: add Cowardice (12-) [-10]
  • Wild-rabbit base [+2]: add Innate Attack (bite: 1d cut) [7] and Ham-Fisted [-5]
  • ILR member [-3]: add Claim to Hospitality (ILR members) [2] and Intolerance (catpeople) [-5] (Since only rabbit-people can be ILR members, this is presented as a racial template lens despite being a social package.)

The material presented here is the creation of Rob Kelk with assistance from the participants of this Steve Jackson Games Forums thread, and is intended for use with the GURPS Fourth Edition system from Steve Jackson Games. This material is not official and is not endorsed by Steve Jackson Games.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:55 AM   #33
Sense of Duty (Kittens)

Has anyone mentioned Restricted Diet? [-10]

I once read somewhere that if you hold your hand above a lagomorph in the right way, it will become more submissive. I don't know about the validity of this, but it might be an interesting thing to express in GURPS mechanics.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:41 PM   #34
nanoboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sense of Duty (Kittens) View Post

I once read somewhere that if you hold your hand above a lagomorph in the right way, it will become more submissive. I don't know about the validity of this, but it might be an interesting thing to express in GURPS mechanics.
I have done what you speak of. Take a compliant rabbit and sit it in your lab such that it is on its back with its head facing you. Make a V with your forefinger and middle finger and move them over the rabbit's face. Draw your fingers back. Keep doing this in a fluid way. The rabbit will suddenly go completely limp. I think it's pretty much hypnotized. It's actually pretty funny. Sudden movements and the like will wake the rabbit up, and they appear to be unharmed by this activity.
nanoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 05:36 PM   #35
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
I thought that would be overkill, what with the required Dependency and Addiction to two particular foodstuffs. But don't let that stop you from adding it to the template...
Old 11-09-2009, 07:55 PM   #36
Atreyu_Hibiki

When I was somewhere between the ages of 12-14, my family had pet rabbits, (not saying I was the best pet owner, but we had them) and the main thing that I remember about rabbits is that they're dang fast. In order to re-catch one after letting it out for a while you really have to sneak up on them, or anticipate their running pattern (which is harder than it sounds.)

I would definitely give them some additional Move and/or Speed and/or Running skill. Maybe not a whole lot, but a bit of a boost in that area.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:04 PM   #37
nanoboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreyu_Hibiki View Post
When I was somewhere between the ages of 12-14, my family had pet rabbits, (not saying I was the best pet owner, but we had them) and the main thing that I remember about rabbits is that they're dang fast. In order to re-catch one after letting it out for a while you really have to sneak up on them, or anticipate their running pattern (which is harder than it sounds.)

I would definitely give them some additional Move and/or Speed and/or Running skill. Maybe not a whole lot, but a bit of a boost in that area.
We had some rabbits from time to time. Yeah, if you need to catch one, it's really, really hard. Ours were mostly good pets, though. They'd come back when they were ready. One of our rabbits, though, was often rather obnoxious about hanging around. At times, he would hump your leg, but it wasn't like a dog doing it. Kicking him off of your leg wasn't enough. He'd keep coming back for more. You'd have to put him in his hutch to cool off for a bit.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:42 AM   #38
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoboy View Post
We had some rabbits from time to time. Yeah, if you need to catch one, it's really, really hard. Ours were mostly good pets, though. They'd come back when they were ready. One of our rabbits, though, was often rather obnoxious about hanging around. At times, he would hump your leg, but it wasn't like a dog doing it. Kicking him off of your leg wasn't enough. He'd keep coming back for more. You'd have to put him in his hutch to cool off for a bit.
I have a housecat that occasionally humps my arm while I sleep. Yes, he even "finishes". eeeeewwwww.
Flyndaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #39
Sense of Duty (Kittens)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoboy View Post
I have done what you speak of. Take a compliant rabbit and sit it in your lab such that it is on its back with its head facing you. Make a V with your forefinger and middle finger and move them over the rabbit's face. Draw your fingers back. Keep doing this in a fluid way. The rabbit will suddenly go completely limp. I think it's pretty much hypnotized. It's actually pretty funny. Sudden movements and the like will wake the rabbit up, and they appear to be unharmed by this activity.
Maybe you just have the hypnotic Hands skill ;)
Old 11-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #40
nanoboy

Quote:
Maybe you just have the hypnotic Hands skill ;)
Nope. Anyone could do it. I could teach you in five seconds. It's worth going out and buying a rabbit for.

Tags
chargen, custom setting, infinite worlds, racial templates, raw, templates