Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-30-2014, 01:54 PM   #11
Varyon

Default Re: Temporary Wounding Limitation

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAllister View Post
I'm honestly tempted to say that Temporary Wounding is very difficult to create in a generic sense, and just build Soul Damage. Make it toxic damage with Armor Negating (+300%), Temporary Wounding (-40ish%) for the timescale of your choice and some version of Melee Weapon; by this I mean that Toxic damage and Armor Negating should be co-requisites of the Temporary Wounding limitation in making Soul Damage, and nothing else really has any reason to take Temporary Wounding so don't worry about it.
The Soul Damage is just this particular instance - illusory damage, supernatural curses, or even superscience weapons could all have justification for using a Temporary Wounding modifier. Also, just as there's no consensus on what a soul has to be, there's no one true way to build an ability that attacks a soul - in some settings the soul regenerates rapidly, in others all damage to the soul is permanent. Additionally, in some settings the soul is a formless mass that takes generalized damage that resembles the effects of poison or disease (as in your suggestion), while in others it's like a carbon-copy of the body it's inhabiting and reacts to damage just like a body would.
Varyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:26 AM   #12
Edges

We covered this somewhat here.
Edges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:19 AM   #13
Varyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edges View Post
We covered this somewhat here.
So you did, and in a way that may be more usable for other traits, like healing. Your suggested table, when halved and converted to seconds (as you suggested for damage), matches decently well with my assumptions. I think my values may indeed work.
Varyon is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cancellation