Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Old 12-27-2019, 10:48 AM   #21
JimmyPlenty

Default Re: The pit and the pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobb View Post
And I have a fix because I treat all figure X moves into figure Y's hex situations exactly the same, whatever the size or type of X or Y is. Which is X is free to attempt to do so and it is up to Y how she will respond. She may attempt to jump out of the way or use an attack to stop X. Personally I wouldn't want to be the first goblin in a turn to attempt to move on top of a dragon, especially from the front. (Why can't dragons claw to the sides where their claws are?)
I would say they could, but they have to turn their head to see the target and use their hind legs in the attack. Or, if using thier front legs, turn to face them to do so, making it no longer thier side hexes.
JimmyPlenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 03:45 PM   #22
Nils_Lindeberg

Default Re: The pit and the pirate

I would go with the 3/DX jump check and maybe add the suspended in mid-air move. Since turns are supposed to be continuous I have no problem with someone running out of MA in the middle of something, as long as they do all they can next turn to complete the initiated move. So let him hang in the air for a turn and next turn do another disengage mid-air or spend more MA to complete the jump if it was longer.

The same problem would be if you fall past an enemy and fall through his engagement zone. He can't stop you from moving then, and he can't stop you once you start your jump. OR if the ship had been one hex away going in the opposite direction, so that you disengage one-hex and then get carried away out of engagement without spending any move of your own.

This is why I usually permit a parting attack to the side if someone foregoes a disengage action and just moves away at half their MA, or a back attack if they move more than half MA. This is a completely free attack. But this is definitely not RAW.
Nils_Lindeberg is offline   Reply With Quote