Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Old 12-19-2019, 07:26 AM   #1
hcobb

Default Most listed examples use either stone flesh or armor

My house rule for modeling this is:

Stone Flesh (and Iron and Diamond) is very uncomfortable under armor. Double the DX penalty for all armor (but not shields) worn while under this spell. Note that this can be cast in a hostile sense to hinder an enemy, but only by making him almost invulnerable to attack.

and then I...

In addition to the limit of five this enchantment can't add more damage that the weapon rolls (I.e. a weapon that only rolled four damage before the enchantment would only do 8 total damage with a +5 damage enchantment) or stop more damage than the armor or shield itself stops normally. (I.e. +2 damage stopped with leather armor, to a total of four).

Like all other enchantments this is a Special, not a Thrown spell and so is subject to Dissolve Enchantment, not Remove Thrown Spell. W/AE can be cast in the reverse sense to make weapons that are harder to use (reducing DX only when striking with the weapon) or do less damage or armor that stops fewer hits (down to zero hits stopped with armor or shield) and when done so can render the objects cursed.

So if you combine Stone Flesh with +1 Cloth armor then it stops two more hits for -2 DX or +2 Leather armor for four more hits at -4 DX, etc.

Finally:

Stone Flesh items cost one fatigue per minute. These can be made self-powered at the standard ten times cost if needed.

As a result magic (of both types) is balanced against craftsmanship.

https://www.hcobb.com/tft/house_rules.html