Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 01-24-2018, 10:53 PM   #1
Magesmiley

Default OrcaCon Car Wars Tournament Results

I've been holding off posting too much on the results Car Wars tournament until the Geeks of Cascadia released their podcast coverage. Which they just did. Their coverage hosted on SoundCloud can be found here. More stuff coming soon.

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Magesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 08:42 AM   #2
Magesmiley

Default Re: OrcaCon Car Wars Tournament Results

Also on iTunes here.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:50 AM   #3
owenmp

Thank you for writing an awesome report Magesmiley, and thank you SJ Games for publishing Magesmiley's report in the Daily Illuminator!

February 3, 2018: The OrcaCon 3 Car Wars Battle Report!
The Daily Illuminator
http://www.sjgames.com/ill/archive/F..._Battle_Report
Twitter: Car Combat Central
https://twitter.com/carcombat
owenmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:44 AM   #4
RobKamm

That layout looks familiar. Was there a construction walk through video or website a few years ago? I vaguely remember something about the billboards surrounding the arena itself.
RobKamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 10:28 AM   #5
Magesmiley

As Michael mentioned, for those who might've bypassed the SJG home page, the February 3, 2018 Daily Illuminator featured the battle report of the final from OrcaCon 3.

I also have more pictures shared on Google Drive. The pictures should be in order: the number is to get them in order; pregame is stuff from setup and before the first battle; Q1-Q4 are the four qualifier games; Final is from the final; the file names give some indication of what is going on. You should be able to coordinate the battle report with the pictures if you're interested.

(Also be sure to listen to the podcast interviews with Geeks of Cascadia for more insight into the players' thoughts.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenmp View Post
Thank you for writing an awesome report Magesmiley, and thank you SJ Games for publishing Magesmiley's report in the Daily Illuminator!
It's been awhile since Car Wars got a good battle report. As I had some help recalling things thanks to the various pictures, the Twitter feed, and all of the duelists leaving their designs, I was able to do a pretty good summary of the play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobKamm View Post
That layout looks familiar. Was there a construction walk through video or website a few years ago? I vaguely remember something about the billboards surrounding the arena itself.
I posted a few pictures from a previous run of the battlefield (Dragonflight 2017) at BoardGameGeek. I had to do some major repairs on the battlefield due to some issues with the paint and redid a bunch of the banners (as well as making some new ones), so it isn't exactly the same as what was used previously. Michael Owen also posted some of these on his Car Combat Central Twitter account. And I think at least one of the pictures was floating around some of the Facebook pages. I also had some similar banners on the exterior of my 3X version of the Rainbow Bay Blast Furnace.

Last edited by Magesmiley; 02-03-2018 at 10:34 AM.