Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-18-2014, 07:32 PM   #11
Grunker

Default Re: GURPS: The Witcher (finished project)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSam View Post
Impressive, really great work man!
Thanks! :)
Old 01-18-2014, 08:15 PM   #12
Amra

Very impressive work and very generous of you to post; thank you for doing both.
Amra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:07 AM   #13
Dark Archon

I can't just walk by. Where is Unfazeable in Witcher's template? There should be at least mention of Killjoy, also. To quote Geralt:

Quote:
Aedd Gynvael and its pile of trash, a huge stinking heap of garbage that I have to enter because I'm paid to do so, because I was created to deal with the filth that fills others with fear and disgust. I have been deprived of the ability to feel, so I was not able to feel the horror of that disgusting squalor, so I would not retreat nor flee before it, full of dread.
Dark Archon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:58 AM   #14
Dark Archon

Also, I don't understand: do the silver-coated weapons bypass monster DR or no? In Characters:
Quote:
A sword made of solid silver has an Armor Divisor against monsters vulnerable to silver of (4) instead of the normal (2) provided by a silver-coated sword.
In Monstrum:
Quote:
Non-magical sword made of solid silver (silver-coated weapons are not enough!) usually has an Armor Divisor of (2) against the supernatural DR of monsters.
Which one is right? I personally think it is to be first one; otherwise, silver-coated weapons make no sense.

Also, supernatural DR of monsters seems to be too high for me. In books it was rare for normal people to kill monsters, but nonetheless possible (in one story peasants almost killed the rarest gold dragon, and that wouldn't be possible with him having DR 20-30). In game Siegfrid was going to kill cockatrice without Geralt's help and mention Order to be fighting monsters quite successfully. IMHO, monsters should use Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction), which can be overridden by silver weapon armor divisor.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:23 PM   #15
Dark Archon

Also, cockatrice (skoffin) can't turn people to stone, that's a fairy tale. You can read about this in the last book, chapter 3.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:32 PM   #16
Grunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Archon View Post
Also, I don't understand: do the silver-coated weapons bypass monster DR or no? In Characters:

In Monstrum:

Which one is right? I personally think it is to be first one; otherwise, silver-coated weapons make no sense.

Also, supernatural DR of monsters seems to be too high for me. In books it was rare for normal people to kill monsters, but nonetheless possible (in one story peasants almost killed the rarest gold dragon, and that wouldn't be possible with him having DR 20-30). In game Siegfrid was going to kill cockatrice without Geralt's help and mention Order to be fighting monsters quite successfully. IMHO, monsters should use Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction), which can be overridden by silver weapon armor divisor.
Monstrum is wrong! I'll correct that straight away! Thanks for noticing that! It's an artifact from an earlier edition.

You think the DR is too high? I was pretty much shooting for "difficult, but not impossible" for normal steel weapons for most monsters.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:40 PM   #17
Dark Archon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunker View Post
You think the DR is too high? I was pretty much shooting for "difficult, but not impossible" for normal steel weapons for most monsters.
I withdraw this statement; after reading most of Monstrum, I understood that numbers are fair. But I suggest to fix wyvern. IMHO, DR 12 is somewhat too much for the creature without specially mentioned durability.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:22 PM   #18
Grunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Archon View Post
I withdraw this statement; after reading most of Monstrum, I understood that numbers are fair. But I suggest to fix wyvern. IMHO, DR 12 is somewhat too much for the creature without specially mentioned durability.
Quite possibly true, yeah.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:23 PM   #19
xXSiriusXx

Can you, by any chance, refresh the links, it says that the pdf files do not exist :/
xXSiriusXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:19 AM   #20
Grunker

Woops! Cleared my DB by mistake. They're up again now :)

Tags
the witcher, witcher