Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-28-2020, 06:29 AM   #731
maximara
On Notice

Default Re: Five Earths, All in a Row

Finished the Who's Who conversions and added a conversion of Victorian Faerie (which can be used for Tinker Bell), On a side note I don't think she is exactly thrilled with how Peter and Wendy ends (her new anchor in The Happiest Place on Earth) - she is dead at the end of the novel and Peter doesn't even remember her.

I am woking my way through GURPS Faeries in converting them as they will likely be most numerous on Fantasy, Clockwork, and Steampunk Earths.
Help make a digital reference for GURPS by coming to the GURPS wiki and provide some information and links (such as to various Fanmade 4e Bestiaries) . Please, provide more then just a title and a page number.
maximara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 07:14 AM   #732
maximara
On Notice

Took a little side trek and added Bestiary, Banestorm which can be used on Fantasy Earth.
Help make a digital reference for GURPS by coming to the GURPS wiki and provide some information and links (such as to various Fanmade 4e Bestiaries) . Please, provide more then just a title and a page number.
Old 02-18-2020, 11:53 AM   #733
Prince Charon

Not an update, but something that might be of interest:

An anime clip (a bit over two-and-a-half minutes) that's reasonably compatible with how some spirits take form on Earth-1: It's the Internet's Fault - In/Spectre.

One of the comments on that page recommends deleting the SCP wiki before it's too late. It's already too late.

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 04:49 PM   #734
Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
Not an update, but something that might be of interest:

An anime clip (a bit over two-and-a-half minutes) that's reasonably compatible with how some spirits take form on Earth-1: It's the Internet's Fault - In/Spectre.

One of the comments on that page recommends deleting the SCP wiki before it's too late. It's already too late.
I'd be more worried about all the Slenderman stuff. Ick.

Doesthat mean that Earth-1 already has a Slenderman or two running around?
Old 02-19-2020, 08:24 AM   #735
Prince Charon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2 View Post
I'd be more worried about all the Slenderman stuff. Ick.

Doesthat mean that Earth-1 already has a Slenderman or two running around?
More than two.

-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.
Old 02-29-2020, 02:35 PM   #736
maximara
On Notice

The Confrontation

A story of Infopunk Earth by Maximara

The girl was getting annoyed with this Kyubey thing. She knew the Monkey Paw's nature of his wishes.

"Trying to find someone naive or gullible enough to take your offer of a wish?" said a cold voice.

Turning Kyubey and the girl saw a man in a purple robe that had clearly been tattered by ages of use.

"Who are you?" asked Kyubey.

"I have had many names. At first I was Galos Gann the last human on Earth trying to rebirth humanity. But later I became someone greater and grander called the Time Trapper, then the Doom/Death Phantom aka Wiseman for half a year, and then the Time Trapper again," said the figure his voice giving the girl the creeps as it didn't even sound human but rather guttural and cold. "But you should be concerned as to what I am."

"You see little incubator, to all that live, all that moves, all that hope that tomorrow will dawn, I am the enemy because I am Entropy itself...or a least a personification." The Time Trapper (what else could the girl call this thing) gave a guttural humorless cold chuckle. "I don't think you would have liked my home at the End of Time. There all things had ended, even those that had never began. Dreams had crumbled to dust, and lives faded out of memory. There was only enough energy to swirl the parts of matter that haven't fallen to pieces. Sadly all things come to an end even my home. It took nearly all my energy to travel back in time...and I wound up on the wrong freaking Earth." raged the figure showing the closes approximation of human emotion.

"So why are you here?" asked the girl.

"Because Kyubey and his fellow incubators are my enemy...for obvious reasons. But instead of aging people to ashes when they disappointed me, like that idiotic Controller, I figured throwing as many monkey wrenches into their plans would be more...fun. Heck, it's something to do while waiting around for the End of Time of this Earth to come around. It will be interesting to see how it compares to my own."

The Time Trapper's hands shimmered with a sickly purple aura and between then formed a basketball sized sphere of the same color. He then pushed his hands together until the sickly sphere was no bigger then a marble. "A gift," he said throwing the marble tot he girl who reflectively caught is. "That is your key to the Infinite Library, the archive of all chronal knowledge. Within its walls time supposedly stands still"

"Why me?" asked the girl

The Time Trapper shrugged. "As crippled as I am I need assistants to mess with Kyubey's people."

==Note==
*Galos Gann and the Time Trapper were both created by Edmond Hamilton. Much of the Time Trapper's dialogue is taken from the description of him and his domain in Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 3) #50

*Regarding the power of the Time Trapper, it isn't lying when he used up most of his power to travel into the past. In terms of power he is on par with a "normal" 105 point Lich. Also the spells he has access to and are in the Infinite Library are limited to his domains of Entropy, Time, and Death. To see the number of spells is has gained see Spells Learnable from the Infinite Library. The Trapper also has False Aura, Illusion Shell, and Illusion Disguise which it uses to pass itself as a future version of one its foes. These three spells are not in the library and must be learned via normal means.

Last edited by maximara; 02-29-2020 at 02:39 PM.
Old 02-29-2020, 03:00 PM   #737
Prince Charon

In case the readers are wondering, or have totally missed the hints, these are spirits. The girl has no reason to know that, though.

-- Tacitus

Old 03-02-2020, 05:53 PM   #738
Prince Charon

A short gif covering a problem that Earth-1 has to worry about, that we don't... yet. What they would do, accidentally or otherwise, with spirits, we will eventually be able to do with robotics, I suspect (possibly nanomachines). Sure, it wouldn't look quite like that, but it's an option.

-- Tacitus

Old 03-03-2020, 07:26 AM   #739
Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
A short gif covering a problem that Earth-1 has to worry about, that we don't... yet. What they would do, accidentally or otherwise, with spirits, we will eventually be able to do with robotics, I suspect (possibly nanomachines). Sure, it wouldn't look quite like that, but it's an option.
I want one. No, I want a dozen gross.
Old 03-03-2020, 11:58 AM   #740
Prince Charon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2 View Post
I want one. No, I want a dozen gross.
Depending on the sort of person the you that lives on Earth-1 is, 'you' might very well be making them.

EDIT: For those unfamiliar with base twelve, a dozen gross is 1,728 in base ten.

-- Tacitus

Tags
5 earths in a row, alternative earths, infinite worlds