Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 05-28-2016, 09:49 AM   #1
orcbgone

Default Munchkin drink coasters?

First off, I just wanted to say this is why SJ Games are the best. I received my most recent order, where I'd requested a Marvel promo (knowing there was NO guarantee, but who knows, right?), well I didn't get one but there was all kinds of other things in there, of course the usual promos and a bookmark, but there two posters folded up in there along with what looked like Munchkin drink coasters.

Has anyone seen these before? Is that was these are? There the same size and material for the novelty type drink coasters. One is a classic Munchkin, one is Munchkin Steampunk and the other is just the black background/silver Munchkin head logo style (like the zipper pulls, etc.).

The Steampunk and logo ones have the Pyramid logo on the back and the classic one has Plutonium Dragon and the Munchkin slogan on the back. These things are awesome and was just curious if anyone's seen these. It is something I've not seen and was a nifty surprise!
orcbgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 02:10 PM   #2
collinc

Default Re: Munchkin drink coasters?

I just looked in my Munchkin case and I definitely have one, the zipper pull one you were talking about.
collinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 07:33 PM   #3
Damon Griffin

Yep. In my most recent order I asked for the Official Munchkin Bookmark of The Munchkin Book Bookmarking. I got it along with the coasters and other stuff.

I've gotten into the habit of including a message with each order requesting that freebies only include Munchkin cards/bookmarks (of any flavor) but no Illuminati membership cards, Ninja Burger mission cards, cards for Munchkin Treasure Hunt, dice, etc.

I got several items I'm happy with (SJG customer service, if you're listening, no need to send more!) along with four coasters, a card for Munchkin Treasure Hunt and an Illuminati membership card. Sigh.

Sounds like I got the same three coasters you did, orcbgone, plus one that has the Gazebo and slogan on one side (instead of the Plutonium Dragon w/slogan) and Flower on the opposite side instead of Spyke.
Damon Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 07:45 PM   #4
orcbgone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon Griffin View Post
Yep. In my most recent order I asked for the Official Munchkin Bookmark of The Munchkin Book Bookmarking. I got it along with the coasters and other stuff.

I've gotten into the habit of including a message with each order requesting that freebies only include Munchkin cards/bookmarks (of any flavor) but no Illuminati membership cards, Ninja Burger mission cards, cards for Munchkin Treasure Hunt, dice, etc.

I got several items I'm happy with (SJG customer service, if you're listening, no need to send more!) along with four coasters, a card for Munchkin Treasure Hunt and an Illuminati membership card. Sigh.

Sounds like I got the same three coasters you did, orcbgone, plus one that has the Gazebo and slogan on one side (instead of the Plutonium Dragon w/slogan) and Flower on the opposite side instead of Spyke.
That's pretty sweet! I'm giving the extra poster to my FLGS (I got two) which made the owner's happy, :)

I did get a Chez Geek promo, which I'm ok with, that game is pretty fun. I give the Illuminati cards to people that are invited to my private Munchkin games!

But if they're Munchkin dice, I'd LOVE to get those, the more the better, in ANY color! Up to 42 in my dice bag. 3 Oz dice, 4 Fairy Dust dice, 2 Munchkin Bags o' d6's, Radioactive, Science and Holidazed dice and the rest from core games, and I'll take any unwanted Munchkin head d6's you guys don't want, :)
Old 05-29-2016, 10:31 PM   #5
Damon Griffin

To date I've received only one Munchkin die, a green-and-gold one for Munchkin Oz. It went to Germany in exchange for a bookmark.

One of the promo cards I got with this order is Ghost Hands, which is only useful if you have glow in the dark jumbo d6's. I don't, so I should go list that card in the Trading Post for swap.
Damon Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 11:02 PM   #6
orcbgone

I actually like that card so I bought it and the d6 as part of the order mentioned above, :)

I got two of those die plus the one from the game itself,.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:20 PM   #7
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcbgone View Post
First off, I just wanted to say this is why SJ Games are the best. I received my most recent order, where I'd requested a Marvel promo (knowing there was NO guarantee, but who knows, right?), well I didn't get one but there was all kinds of other things in there, of course the usual promos and a bookmark, but there two posters folded up in there along with what looked like Munchkin drink coasters.

Has anyone seen these before? Is that was these are? There the same size and material for the novelty type drink coasters. One is a classic Munchkin, one is Munchkin Steampunk and the other is just the black background/silver Munchkin head logo style (like the zipper pulls, etc.).

The Steampunk and logo ones have the Pyramid logo on the back and the classic one has Plutonium Dragon and the Munchkin slogan on the back. These things are awesome and was just curious if anyone's seen these. It is something I've not seen and was a nifty surprise!
They are leftovers from the Munchkin Tavern at GenCon. I know they had them in 2013, and I assume they had them at the 2014 Tavern, too.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:36 PM   #8
Cloewe

as far as i can remember, there are some more:

1. Coaster with a) Spyke b) Plutonium Dragon
2. Coaster with a) Flower b) Gazebo
3. Tavern 2013 Coaster (Tavern 2013 Logo / Dragon)
4. Tavern 2014 Coaster (Tavern 2014 Logo / Dwarf)
5. Steampunk Coaster
6. SJGames Coaster
7. (german Version of Steampunk Coaster, will show up in June)
Old 05-31-2016, 02:04 PM   #9
orcbgone

Still pretty nicty, :)
Old 06-03-2016, 01:28 PM   #10
NJTiger

Are there any rules that go along with the coasters?
NJTiger is offline   Reply With Quote