Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 07-05-2016, 05:38 PM   #1
Damon Griffin

Default MARVEL Munchkin: Red Skull & Super-Adaptoid

The Super-Adaptoid gets +1 for every Ally or Power in play...very cool mechanic, but is that every Ally or Power in play at the entire table, or just by the player or players fighting him?

When the Red Skull appears, Captain America is discarded...no matter whether the player with Cap as an Ally is not fighting the Red Skull? (Bob fights the Red Skull, so Dave's ally goes away...seems weird. Then again, I'm not clear on why Cap automatically disappears when the Red Skull shows up, even if both cards are held by the same player.)
Damon Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:37 PM   #2
Grendelspawn

Default Re: MARVEL Munchkin: Red Skull & Super-Adaptoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon Griffin View Post
The Super-Adaptoid gets +1 for every Ally or Power in play...very cool mechanic, but is that every Ally or Power in play at the entire table, or just by the player or players fighting him?

When the Red Skull appears, Captain America is discarded...no matter whether the player with Cap as an Ally is not fighting the Red Skull? (Bob fights the Red Skull, so Dave's ally goes away...seems weird. Then again, I'm not clear on why Cap automatically disappears when the Red Skull shows up, even if both cards are held by the same player.)
A. It doesn't say powers and allies YOU own.

B. Certain things, like Avengers affiliation or royalty/solider class gives you an extra ally or allies, meaning you can still encounter red skull with the cap'
Grendelspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 06:59 PM   #3
Damon Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendelspawn View Post
Certain things, like Avengers affiliation or royalty/solider class gives you an extra ally or allies, meaning you can still encounter red skull with the cap'
Seems clear now someone misread the card a our game this weekend. In a 3-player game, the player to my right drew the Red Skull and somehow the player to her right ended up discarding Captain America as a result. One of them has poor reading comprehension and the other is half blind, so...

...clearly we need Giant-Sized Munchkin cards for the hard of seeing.
Damon Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 04:03 PM   #4
Trsevener

I am not a moderator, I do not claim to be one, and I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. But here are my opinions.

1) Super-Adaptoid's bonus specifically says every ally and power in play, so I would agree that includes the entire table and not just the person(s) fighting against him.

2) Red Skull has a -4 in combat against Captain America, but it does not say that Cap is discarded when Red Skull enters combat. It does say to lose an ally and Red Skull gets that bonus, but it does not say it has to be Cap.

Indiana MIB available for demos and tournaments. Please check out my Facebook page to see what I am up to.
Trsevener is offline   Reply With Quote