Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-13-2020, 08:36 PM   #1
khorboth

Default Pretty character sheets

Does anybody have or know where to find pretty character sheets? My wife (Godlike Patron) is interested in keeping track of her next character with pencil and paper. She has tasked me (non-hazardous Duty) with finding a selection which are both functional and attractive. Extending to extra pages to cover the bases is fine, but we're looking for style.

Unfortunately, my Research/TL8 is not up to the challenge. Every search term I can think of is a GURPS trait an yields sheets for "attractive" or "beautiful" characters.

Any help is appreciated.
khorboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:44 PM   #2
Gollum

Default Re: Pretty character sheets

You will probably find one in the Search tab of this forum.

Go in advanced research and type "character sheet" and "Search Titles Only" in the top left-hand corner and "GURPS" in the bottom right-hand corner. You will only have 6 pages to search.

I've found that one, which I find nice. But it is only my point of view.

Click here.

Have a nice game.

Last edited by Gollum; 07-15-2020 at 11:31 PM.
Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 12:27 AM   #3
Daigoro

If you use the GCA software, there are a few custom character sheets available, though I'm not sure whether you'd consider them pretty.
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 12:35 PM   #4
thalcos

Sadly, I've never come across a "beautiful and artistic" character sheet for GURPS, like the ones that exist for D&D.

What genre are you playing? I do genre-specific adaptations of the standard character sheet when I run GURPS at conventions. They're only a little prettier than the standard character sheet, with themed fonts. You can see them appended to my various GURPS adventures downloaded here: www.1shotadventures.com

I try to include a blank one at the end of each adventure, but I've been inconsistent. If you see one you want, let me know.

Edit: I started a page just for the themed, genre-specific blank character sheets here.

Last edited by thalcos; 07-18-2020 at 11:02 PM. Reason: added a link
thalcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 01:42 PM   #5
Imbicatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalcos View Post
Sadly, I've never come across a "beautiful and artistic" character sheet for GURPS, like the ones that exist for D&D.

What genre are you playing? I do genre-specific adaptations of the standard character sheet when I run GURPS at conventions. They're only a little prettier than the standard character sheet, with themed fonts. You can see them appended to my various GURPS adventures downloaded here: www.1shotadventures.com

I try to include a blank one at the end of each adventure, but I've been inconsistent. If you see one you want, let me know.
I love the Harry Potter themed sheets for Warlock’s Tunnel.
Imbicatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 09:31 PM   #6
khorboth

Quote:

Looks like some great stuff over there. She Who Must Be Obeyed is looking for something in that "beautiful and artistic" realm, though. She wound up creating her own my copy and pasting a couple different things together along with adding her own version of some boxes with fountain pen. We're doing DF at the moment, but I have a feeling this will become a regular thing.

Personally, I'm happy with what GCA spits out, but that's not for everybody every time.
khorboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 09:53 PM   #7
thalcos

Would love to see what she ends making!
Old 07-19-2020, 04:59 PM   #8
Captain Joy

thalcos, your Star Trek character sheet game me a “404”.
Captain Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 05:28 PM   #9
thalcos

Fixed! Check them out here.
Old 07-19-2020, 09:01 PM   #10
tbone

Quote:
Edit: I started a page just for the themed, genre-specific blank character sheets here.
These are really nice. Just great, down to the little details (like "£" instead of "$" on the Steampunk sheet).

Is the "Savage Fantasy" sheet intended for a very specific sort of game, or fantasy/dungeoneering in general?

Hey, how about a DFRPG-specific form? It's a game with high-level PCs, so its 4-page form is understandable, but that is a lot of paper to wrangle. A 2-page form might fit a PC with a simpler build (or even a spellcaster, if the player intends to use the Spell Sheet form from Spells as a third page).

Then again, your Savage Fantasy sheet is a fine DFRPG form as it is. So, moving on:

Final comment: There's one small change I'd like to see in future GURPS/DFRPG character forms: In that Page 1 block at top, with "Name" and "Player" and all that, I'd like to see "Character Concept", a one-line overview of what the PC is ("Secret agent protecting Earth from the Cabal", "Brash young gunslinger looking to make name as duelist", etc.). Sure, this can be scribbled somewhere onto any existing form, but I think a space for it right at top would be nice. (Along with a little space to note "Campaign", though I happily grant that players do just fine in remembering what campaign a character is part of, without writing it down. : )

Sorry, the topic got me rambling on about forms. Back on topic: Thanks for the work on those nice designs. They make me want to pick up some of those genres just to use the sheets!

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote