Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-22-2020, 09:02 AM   #11
naloth

Default Re: Supers Char

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Antarctic Vibranium and Vibranium are probably included in Technological Countermeasures, which he gets -5% for as a mutant.
Were either of those used to disable the abilities of other mutants? Offhand, I can't recall that happening.

Besides, I figure those specialty weapons probably won't exist in this campaign.
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 09:20 AM   #12
Anders

Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth View Post
Were either of those used to disable the abilities of other mutants? Offhand, I can't recall that happening.
It's been a *long* time since I read X-Men so I couldn't say.
Old 07-22-2020, 10:24 AM   #13
Phantasm

I actually don't recall Colossus getting taller when he transformed, so that aspect may not be suitable. (But then, my main source tends to be the original 15-year Claremont run, not the later '90s to '10s power-ups.)

Also, if you're using AF (Body of Metal), remember that Body of Metal includes Injury Tolerance (Homogenous) for additional toughness, lowering modifiers for a number of damage types.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 10:30 AM   #14
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
I actually don't recall Colossus getting taller when he transformed, so that aspect may not be suitable. (But then, my main source tends to be the original 15-year Claremont run, not the later '90s to '10s power-ups.)

The size change is in the first Marvel handbook. It's nto enough to justify Gurps mGrowth but it was there.
Old 07-22-2020, 10:30 AM   #15
zoncxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post

Also, if you're using AF (Body of Metal), remember that Body of Metal includes Injury Tolerance (Homogenous) for additional toughness, lowering modifiers for a number of damage types.
You are correct, he does not grow in height, he is just really tall normally.

AF (Body of Metal) with the reduced time to make it take 1 second or less as Naloth posted is the correct way to go.

If you have Supers 4e, the template for Brick is what you want.
zoncxs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 10:44 AM   #16
naloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post
You are correct, he does not grow in height, he is just really tall normally.
It actually depends on the source. Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't.

Quote:
If you have Supers 4e, the template for Brick is what you want.
I'm not a fan of using those templates as listed for a variety of reasons (Temperature Tolerance and ItMH from Body of Metal?) but they are a good source of the various traits you would want.
Old 07-22-2020, 11:03 AM   #17
Fred Brackin

Quote:
(Temperature Tolerance and ItMH from Body of Metal?)
For a being whose body is actually made out of metal, yea. For someone whose body is only covered in metal, no. Colossus is (most of the time) the first rather than the second.
Old 07-22-2020, 12:07 PM   #18
naloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
For a being whose body is actually made out of metal, yea. For someone whose body is only covered in metal, no. Colossus is (most of the time) the first rather than the second.
I wasn't referring to Colossus. The Brick template for "Man of Steel" has Body of Metal (which includes Immunity to Metabolic Hazards) and Temperature Tolerance (which adds to range where you would need to make the HT rolls that ItMH makes you immune to).

As for Colossus, his description is usually "transforms to organic steel" which is how not eating or breathing is justified. That sounds like more than a coating. For the purposes of this character, you could make it just a thick skin, but the outline is still well under budget.
Old 07-22-2020, 12:27 PM   #19
zoncxs

Quote:
I wasn't referring to Colossus. The Brick template for "Man of Steel" has Body of Metal (which includes Immunity to Metabolic Hazards) and Temperature Tolerance (which adds to range where you would need to make the HT rolls that ItMH makes you immune to).

As for Colossus, his description is usually "transforms to organic steel" which is how not eating or breathing is justified. That sounds like more than a coating. For the purposes of this character, you could make it just a thick skin, but the outline is still well under budget.
Fred Brackin post does not insinuate what you are referring to, but takes what you posted and puts it into the context of this thread.

Back on topic, as already mentioned, you have several ways to go depending on how you want the character to be portrayed.
zoncxs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 12:37 PM   #20
AlexanderHowl

Quote:

Besides, I figure those specialty weapons probably won't exist in this campaign.
No, they were uniquely a problem of his character.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supers