Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 07-11-2018, 04:22 AM   #1
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default 1, 2, 3, 4, Adventure! Quick Character Creation with The Fantasy Trip

The Fantasy Trip line editor, Guy McLimore, has created an overview of character creation, giving newcomers an idea of the types of characters you can play in a TFT adventure.

http://thefantasytrip.game/news/2018...-fantasy-trip/
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:48 AM   #2
flankspeed

Default Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, Adventure! Quick Character Creation with The Fantasy Trip

TFT = The Fast Track

Well said, Mr. McLimore, well said!
flankspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:02 AM   #3
pyratejohn

Default Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, Adventure! Quick Character Creation with The Fantasy Trip

Bravo! Keep it fast! If I can do it in my head and scribble it on a sheet of paper in a matter of minutes that's a win.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:43 AM   #4
DarkPumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankspeed View Post
TFT = The Fast Track
Zing. I guess that's why Guy gets paid the big bucks.
DarkPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:33 AM   #5
flankspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPumpkin View Post
Zing. I guess that's why Guy gets paid the big bucks.
True enough, but I shudder to think of how difficult his job's weekly Risk roll must be to avoid paper cuts, carpal tunnel syndrome, eyestrain, headaches, coffee addiction, insomnia, post-traumatic deadline stress disorder, and other inconceivable horrors.

"Eww, scary stuff, kids!" -- Count Floyd

NOTE: That was meant to be a humorous reference to TFT game rules (and SCTV), NOT a commentary on the Line Editor position. To hold such a position for a game system I loved would be both challenging work and a dream come true!
Old 07-11-2018, 07:56 AM   #6
zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankspeed View Post
True enough, but I shudder to think of how difficult his job's weekly Risk roll must be to avoid paper cuts, carpal tunnel syndrome, eyestrain, headaches, coffee addiction, insomnia, post-traumatic deadline stress disorder, and other inconceivable horrors.

"Eww, scary stuff, kids!" -- Count Floyd

NOTE: That was meant to be a humorous reference to TFT game rules (and SCTV), NOT a commentary on the Line Editor position. To hold such a position for a game system I loved would be both challenging work and a dream come true!
Wow. Count Floyd. A bunch of people in this crowd will probably even catch the reference from that show from the great white North, eh?
zot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:20 AM   #7
tbeard1999

Well done, Guy.
tbeard1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:52 AM   #8
flankspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zot View Post
Wow. Count Floyd. A bunch of people in this crowd will probably even catch the reference from that show from the great white North, eh?

You'd have to be a real hoser not to get that reference, eh?
Old 07-11-2018, 10:25 AM   #9
JLV

A-a-and, there's a reason why Guy McLimore got hired as the line editor! Good job, Guy; if you guys can get that blurb on the back of the box, you'll probably double sales, right there!
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 04:23 AM   #10
David Bofinger

Just clarifying: this is marketing, not education? If so:

It covers the key points (fast, choice). If I have a concern it's that there a bit there along the lines of "We have orcs and goblins, and there's different kinds of wizards!" which is true in nearly every fantasy role playing game so it doesn't do anything to differentiate you. I wonder if it should be shortened ... which would, after all, be very much in the spirit of TFT. :-) The Fantasy Kindred section and the second paragraph of Focus Your Abilities would be my first targets.
David Bofinger is offline   Reply With Quote