Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > SJ Games Discussion

Old 02-28-2009, 01:24 PM   #11
Stone Dog

Default Re: What is the future of Dungeon Fantasy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavynn
So something is ahead of even those two proposals...
Hopefully "Oh shiny" isn't Kromm being distracted away from giving out info, but an actual hint about it being a full loot based supplement.

I'd love one of those.
Stone Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #12
Buzzardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Dog
Hopefully "Oh shiny" isn't Kromm being distracted away from giving out info, but an actual hint about it being a full loot based supplement.

I'd love one of those.
I won't argue that. I showed my group the equipment lists (especially the containers) in the one Dungeon Fantasy book, and two more copies got bought that day.

Seriously, bring on the gear!
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:12 PM   #13
Stone Dog

And random treasure charts! Oh please oh please oh please random treasure charts! They can be optional... it would just be a damn useful thing for some of us.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:17 AM   #14
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company
You might want to start following Kromm's blog. He drop hints about upcoming products from time to time.
What I want is for someone else to follow his blog, then re-post it in the GURPS forum in condensed format.
Peter Knutsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:52 AM   #15
Woodman

Why should someone condense 1 entry a week wich contains about 1 or 2 sentences per new GURPS product? This would mean to either drop info or just copy and paste the blog entry. Anyone who is really interested can read the blog, its free and if you filter for the gurps tag you wont even be bothered by Kromms other interests and real life issues.
Woodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:26 AM   #16
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Please note a couple of things:

What I write in my blog is my writing, done on my time. SJ Games doesn't in any way control it, and it isn't part of their customer service. It's 100% mine. It's available for all the world to read; I don't want to lock it away. However, I don't want it reiterated and summarized all over the place, either. That would inevitably lead to accidental shifts in meaning, which would then be attributed to me, leaving me to explain things that I didn't say.

For those wondering why the only source for most distant-future GURPS news is my blog, the explanation is quite simple. My blog is tolerated as a "leak from inside sources." It isn't canonical, formal, official, or anything like that. Most important, SJ Games isn't committed to anything that I say off-the-clock in an off-site blog. Caveat lector and all that.

Those who find my personal commentary uninteresting should probably just avoid my blog. ;) Alternatively, they could learn how LiveJournal works and look here:
http://dr-kromm.livejournal.com/tag/gurps
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:57 AM   #17
Shrale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm

What I write in my blog is my writing, done on my time. SJ Games doesn't in any way control it, and it isn't part of their customer service. It's 100% mine. It's available for all the world to read; I don't want to lock it away. However, I don't want it reiterated and summarized all over the place, either. That would inevitably lead to accidental shifts in meaning, which would then be attributed to me, leaving me to explain things that I didn't say.

For those wondering why the only source for most distant-future GURPS news is my blog, the explanation is quite simple. My blog is tolerated as a "leak from inside sources." It isn't canonical, formal, official, or anything like that. Most important, SJ Games isn't committed to anything that I say off-the-clock in an off-site blog. Caveat lector and all that.

Those who find my personal commentary uninteresting should probably just avoid my blog. ;) Alternatively, they could learn how LiveJournal works and look here:
Well, you've got to be one of the most accessable RPG-industry people I've ever met (er, seen, er, you know) and it sure is nice when it comes from the horse's mouth rather than speculation and heresay. D Pulver and the others here are nice too as personal responses really make a difference.

I still don't see how you (any of you) have the time to do it, but for you guys who live and work with massive amounts of data, it's probably routine.

While I might be Joe-Average in RPG circles, it's nice to know most of the things I've observed and concluded with, are held similarly by the "industry giants".

>
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Shrale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:51 AM   #18
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

Personally, I subscribed to the RSS feed of Dr Kromm's blog. Much easier than visiting it every time.
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:12 PM   #19
Buzzardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm

Personally, I'm very happy with the current state of affairs.

I am particularly grateful to Dr. Kromm for the effort he puts forth in trying to communicate with his readers. Would that more authors did the same and that more game companies let their authors do it. Frankly, some of SJG's other authors and staff have annoyed me enough that I now hesitate to buy certain products, but I always snap up anything with the Good Dr.'s hand in it. And his being a communicative kind of fellow is part of why I feel that way.
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:51 PM   #20
Stone Dog

I have a job again, which means that I want to give SJgames some more money.

Please help me give SJ Games more money by putting out new Dungeon Fantasy!

I'll settle for Psionics for now... but I demand MORE Dungeon Fantasy! MORE!!!

Tags
dungeon fantasy