Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 12-31-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
ISNorden

Default [Superiors/heretical] Israfel, part 2: intra-celestial politics

While completing my write-up for Israfel, I decided on the following relationships between her and other Archangels. I'll explain some of my choices after the list, but are there any whom you'd add or change?

ALLIED:
  • Eli (still on good terms with her father; music is a creative art, too)
  • Novalis (whose attunements and Rites often involve joyful dance)

ASSOCIATED:
  • Amaré (Andrealphus' successor as Archangel of Love; love and music often inspire one another)
  • Blandine (music both fuels and expresses great dreams)
  • Christopher (music is a major part of children's play and learning)
  • Yves (who respects her deep knowledge of Symphonic Songs)

NEUTRAL:
  • Most other Archangels, except...

HOSTILE:
  • Uriel (who killed the Grigori Archangel of Song). Israfel resents what she sees as her predecessor's murder; Uriel himself, however, feels Neutral towards Israfel. (At least she's better than that corrupt Watcher...)

FURTHER NOTES:
  • Dominic doesn't hate Israfel outright, he suspects her of covering for Eli as most Creationers would, but so far Dominic has no proof.
  • Laurence and Israfel feel professionally Neutral towards one another: although Israfel is an ex-Creationer and sides with the peaceful angels, Laurence acknowledges that music is important to both the War and the Church.
  • Although the Archangel of Song is only Outcast in the official rules, to me it makes sense that Uriel would blame him for discovering the Song of Celestial Fruition and corrupting the Host. Granted, Uriel himself might have been called on the carpet much sooner...can anyone out there improve on my heretical backstory?

Last edited by ISNorden; 12-31-2010 at 08:22 PM.
ISNorden is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
archangels, backstory, israfel, relationships, superiors