Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-17-2009, 08:46 PM   #161
ladyarcana55

Default Re: [IC] In Nomine -- The Redemption of Eli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
"Just go ahead and crowd up behind me on the seat, you won't be in the way." She winks. "Unless you don't mind a two-hour bicycle ride on the handlebars, that is."
She climbs up onto the seat behind Rhoda as Avaria perched herself on the handlebars. When the bike starts to move Avaria raises her wings and starts to chirp wildly.

Think of a person on a roller coaster. At one point the rider will raise their arms and scream excitedly. That is what Avaria is doing. She is not afraid but she is certainly having a grand old time.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:17 PM   #162
rknop

OK, if I've read this correctly, Rudy and Soma are going to bike their way up to Davis Ofanite style, while HR, Naomi, and Baz stay at Golden Gate Park, and call HRs acquaintance Erian to see if Erian can pop up from LA to visit you.

When y'all split up like this, when I post I'll try to remember to indicate in boldface which group I'm writing to.
rknop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:24 PM   #163
rknop

Soma and Rudy

Soma may well be surprised to find out that a bicycle can go that fast...! Rudy rides like the wind, or at least like a servitor of same, even with the added weight of an additional Mercurian. (The weight of the Releiver in songbird form doesn't add appreciably, although assuredly it was a major contributor to the wide variety of strange looks you received passing pedestrians and, sometimes, drivers in cars.)

A couple of hours pass, and it's mid-to-late afternoon when the two angels arrive in Davis. Although it was Rudy who was bicycling, Soma feels quite exhausted herself; that's a long time to perch on a bicycle seat, even if you aren't peddling! Avaria, however, has never felt better.

In Davis -- a small city surrounded by a lot of farmland -- Rudy's Ofanite resonance serves her well, and after zipping around several unlikely blocks, she pulls up in front of an abandoned gas station. The garage-- whose doors are missing-- has a number of people inside it, all of whom are surrounded by wheels, frames, gears, chains, and grease. They're busy disassembling and assembling bicycles. It's clear that some of the people there have brought their bicycles for service; those latter ones have the young and carefree look about them that just screams "student" to Soma's Mercurian sensibilities.

At the sound of Rudy's breaks and the bike tires sliding across the pavement as she screeches to a halt, most of the people in the garage turn to look at the two women arriving on a bicycle. As the bike stops, Avaria pops off of the front, tumbling a bit before catching herself and flying up into the air, twittering madly. (As in making bird noises, not as in microblogging.) She comes back and settles on Soma's shoulder.

One of the women in the garage -- more grease covered and disheveled than the rest, stands up and calls, "Rudy!" She runs out with a broad smile to meet her friend. This is, of course, penny. She's got a slight frame, a mane of mostly-straight but not terribly well kept blond hair sweeping out from her head, wide blue eyes, and grease stains on either side of her pert nose.

"What brings you here?" she says.

(Note that where you are right now, many of the other humans about could probably hear you -- just so you're aware.)
Old 09-17-2009, 09:26 PM   #164
rknop

Heb Rhoneniel, Baz, and Naomi

Heb Rhoneniel, having been instructed in the use of his cellphone by Baz, dials Erian's number. After a couple of rings, there is an answer.

"Hello?" the voice says.

Let me know how you proceed.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:44 PM   #165
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknop View Post
Soma and Rudy

One of the women in the garage -- more grease covered and disheveled than the rest, stands up and calls, "Rudy!" She runs out with a broad smile to meet her friend. This is, of course, penny. She's got a slight frame, a mane of mostly-straight but not terribly well kept blond hair sweeping out from her head, wide blue eyes, and grease stains on either side of her pert nose.

"What brings you here?" she says.

(Note that where you are right now, many of the other humans about could probably hear you -- just so you're aware.)
"What, a girl can't visit an old friend anymore?" Rudy gives the woman a big hug -- despite the grease -- and shares a smile of her own. "Soma, this is my old friend Penny, or 'Ol' Gearhead' as I sometimes call her. Penny, this is my new friend Soma, who just got into San Francisco the other day. I know she looks like one for the birds ..." she tips a wink at Avaria "...but she's a good kid."

She pulls the water bottle from off her bike and takes a long drink, then offers the rest of the bottle to Soma and exhales before taking it back. "Mind showing me where I can refill this?" she asks Penny pleasantly. "Might help cut the dust on the way back."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:04 PM   #166
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
She pulls the water bottle from off her bike and takes a long drink, then offers the rest of the bottle to Soma and exhales before taking it back. "Mind showing me where I can refill this?" she asks Penny pleasantly. "Might help cut the dust on the way back."
She smiles at Penny as she takes the bottle and takes a long sip.

"Thank you. It is wonderful to meet you, Penny."

Soma says as she hands the bottle back to Rudy. Avaria tweets at her and Soma pour some water into her hand and holds it for Avaria to take a sip. When Avaria is done, she looks at Penny and tweet at her as she bobs a bit, bowing to her.

Soma's voice is quiet, but you can still hear the freindship and good will in it.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:18 PM   #167
Acolyte

"Erian, this is Heb Rhoneniel. I've come off the water a bit early this year, and I would like to plan out the recording season and talk about other things." He strongly stresses that last bit, making it clear that the other things are in fact the reason for his call.

Assuming Erian doesn't scream as he's being dragged away from the phone, or imply that the line isn't secure in some fashion, or use the "I'm talking like it's normal but it's not normal because there's a demon over my shoulder" tone, he continues.

"I find it difficult to talk freely without being able to see someone's face," he says, alluding to his resonance, "and if you could make it up here to see me, I think that would let us converse much more freely." Again with the overstressing. For Baz and Naomi, this might be a face-palming moment, as anyone listening would very obviously know something is going on from the extreme emphasis. Still, for a Seraph perhaps it's not too bad. "We could meet on the boat like we did that one time."
Old 09-20-2009, 07:05 PM   #168
Dalillama

Heb Rhoneniel, Baz, and Naomi

As H.R. speaks, Baz starts slightly and then pulls out his palmtop. After scanning the screen for a while, he starts to rapidly type into the device.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:44 PM   #169
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Soma and Rudy

As Rudy waits for Penny to lead her to somewhere more private, she wheels her bike near the garage. "Mind if I leave Ol' Bones here with you guys for a moment?" she asks, eyes sparkling as she leans the bicycle against a wall. "She's not as fancy as some of these others, but she's held up a long time for me and I like to treat her right."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:53 PM   #170
rknop

(OOC : Sorry, guys, for the week delay. Got caught up on multiple things (including two rockin' sessions with the in-person In Nomine game I'm running.)

Soma and Rudy

Penny says, "Of course! We'll get her a tune-up while she's here!"

Penny motions to one of the guys working in the garage, and points at Rudy's bike. The guy returns a thumbs-up.

"Ol' Bones is a great bike! And, I swear, Rudy, I think some of you has rubbed off into it."

She leads Soma and Rudy back into a room at the back of the garage. It's sort of an office, but there are stacks of bike parts, a few cans of grease, and scattered parts catalogs scattered all about.

With a serious look on her face, Penny says, "So, what's going on?"

Tags
eli, in nomine, net play, pbp