Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-26-2013, 12:48 AM   #21
Sriseru

Default Re: [OOC] The Fall - Transhuman Survival Game (Interest Check)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonbahbah View Post
Look at the bottom right of the post carefully. Click on the Edit Button, from there bottom right again and there will be a delete button. Press that and it will expand, bottom left this time and click on delete message and then bottom right you can press Delete this message and presto, it's deleted.
I tried that... multiple times... that's why I got a warning.

Anyway, I'll review your and everyone else's builds/concepts soon.
Sriseru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:56 AM   #22
Poonbahbah

In that case I'll recommend sending Andrew Hackard and Archangel Beth a PM outlining that problem. I don't think they are that liable to check back on this thread on their own unless more spam is reported.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:12 AM   #23
Sriseru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonbahbah
In that case I'll recommend sending Andrew Hackard and Archangel Beth a PM outlining that problem. I don't think they are that liable to check back on this thread on their own unless more spam is reported.
I'll do that, thanks. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonbahbah
As long as I got 18 meals worth of food three days before hand, yes. I recall reading some where about sleep that you could have a race that was up for like two months straight so long as they then had to sleep a month straight afterwards as a 0 point feature because it kept the same ratio of wake to sleep as a normal gurps human. IE 2 to 1, 16 hours up then 8 asleep. I was figuring the same thing would apply to eating, and fits with what I know of tiger eating habits. Which is admittedly not much. We can also have him starting off at the end of this three day period so that he'll start starving along with normaler people with the added bonus that he needs to find 18 times as much food to sate his hunger. Although I think I'd rule if he got a partial meal that'd hold starvation off at bay but he'd be grumpy and grumbling about being hungry. I should probably reread starvation rules.

Or for simplicities sake we can do away with it.

Edit: And as Eric pointed out I'd still need twice as much water as a normal person daily.
Hmm... You know what? I'll allow this, and you can even start off with a fully sated hunger.

@ericthered
Aside from a few spelling-errors, this looks good. And as Poonbahbah mentioned, you would've been allowed to have a normal TekRat with 50 points worth of individual disadvantages (essentially starting with 142 points and being allowed 50 more points from disadvantages). But this new racial template is fine, as well.
And yes, Disease Resistant and Doesn't Breathe (Oxygen Storage) are allowed, since they are still far off from making you immune to the dangers of disease and suffocation.

@Poonbahbah
Your build and back story look good, except for a few things: Area Knowledge (Earth) is way too broad, I will only allow Area Knowledge for cities or smaller areas. Also, Greenwich isn't a suitable starting point, your trip have to start from somewhere in Asia.
The age of majority is very dynamic in the Solar Republic, due to there being a wide variety of species who mature at unequal speeds. But for the sake of simplicity, let's just say that the age of majority for humans and other species that mature about as fast is... 16.

@samd6
Your initial concept sounds good so far.
As for your questions: 1)I will only allow traits from the books I listed (Basic Set, Bio-Tech, and Ultra-Tech). 2)As I stated in my OP, I will allow a character to have one immunity or pseudo-immunity (like the one you listed), and I will only allow one character in the group to have that specific immunity.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:01 AM   #24
Poonbahbah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sriseru View Post
I'll do that, thanks. :)

Hmm... You know what? I'll allow this, and you can even start off with a fully sated hunger.

@Poonbahbah
Your build and back story look good, except for a few things: Area Knowledge (Earth) is way too broad, I will only allow Area Knowledge for cities or smaller areas. Also, Greenwich isn't a suitable starting point, your trip have to start from somewhere in Asia.
The age of majority is very dynamic in the Solar Republic, due to there being a wide variety of species who mature at unequal speeds. But for the sake of simplicity, let's just say that the age of majority for humans and other species that mature about as fast is... 16.
Your welcome hopefully they'll respond and be helpful soonish and you can thank them.

Thank you. And how do you want to handle partial meals? Full meals are easy he starts starving like a normal person. Like I was saying earlier I figure each normal sized meal portion should hold of starvation kicking in for about 8 hours and maybe some relatively small in game effect like odious personal habit (constantly complaing about hunger,) -75% only after a missed meal [-1] or maybe not even that much. Which is balanced out by only needing one massive meal every three days. Although he still needs to eat/carry twice as much as a normal person, though only half the water, and spends just as much time eating as a normal person would take; I believe gurps assumes a half hour per meal so 9 hours of eating. So many courses to a tiger's meal. I should look up or make up a quick eating advantage maybe. :p

Edit: oh and character sheet edited as per your guidelines.

Also looks like time to thank a mod the double post is gone.

Last edited by Poonbahbah; 11-26-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Poonbahbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:12 AM   #25
Sriseru

@Poonbahbah
Look, can't we keep this simple and just say that after 3 days you lose a number of FPs equal to the number of meals you have missed (so, 18 if you haven't eaten anything at all)?
Old 11-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #26
Poonbahbah

If I lost 18 FP in one go due to starvation I'd end up in a coma near half health. After my 11 FP is gone it comes out of HP. Also when FP is gone you have to roll vs will every turn you try to do something. Then starvation FP can only be gained with a day of rest and the eating of missed meals, which is hard to due if everyones been sent back to the stone age and your in a coma. That's simple but ludicrous! :p

If you want it simple and not so crazy I'll just take off the feature and eat three times a day like normal gurps people. Which is what I'm about to do now.

The only reason I took it is because Wikipedia said they've been know to go weeks between meals and that they mostly hunt large game, not that they turn down small game if an easy opportunity presents itself.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #27
Sriseru

@Poonbahbah
I'm sorry for not being able to be a bit more flexible, but as I said before I'm new to GURPS and am still learning the system. :/

Oh, and about your character's back story: could you change his destination to a place in North America? After all, as I said in the beginning of the OP, the PCs are travelling on a line that goes from Asia to North America.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #28
Poonbahbah

No problem and sure.

P.S. I'm now convinced whatever is going to happen is going to happen in Greenwich because you won't let me start or end there.

Last edited by Poonbahbah; 11-26-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #29
Sriseru

You're really obsessive of Greenwich, aren't you? :P
Old 11-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #30
Poonbahbah

I am today any way. It also just seems to me like a place to stop at if you're doing a full day party racing ahead of the turning of the day. Living up his birthday from midnight GMT+14 to Midnight GMT-12 for 50 hours of partying. Well not counting transit times and sleep.

Last edited by Poonbahbah; 11-26-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Tags
apocalypse, post-apocalypse, science fiction, survival, the fall