Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-27-2016, 07:56 PM   #1
Bucketfox

Default Character Sheet - Google Drive Version

Hello, world!

So my gaming group and I are big users of Google Drive for character sheets, since we don't have to worry about losing the paper versions depending on where or when we game, and we loved the idea of creating an editable version for GURPS. Since our original attempts to find one were in vain, we... you know, made one. Myself (Bucketfox), Ronnyfire, and CoolMatthew all collaborated to make something awesome.

It's come a long way since we originally made it (oh, horrible formatting, we loved you), so much so that we kinda wanted to share it with everyone here. To snag it for yourself, just go to file and make a copy!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

It does some basic auto-calculation of point totals and skill difficulty levels, but otherwise is pretty basic.

Yellow boxes are for user inputted totals-- stat totals, advantage costs, disadvantage costs, etc.
White boxes are for user inputted text-- advantage, skill, and disadvantage names, skill difficulty, etc.
Grey and black boxes are things you shouldn't edit-- that's where we put the auto-calc code.

Some things are a little newbie unfriendly, like cost auto-calculations for HP and onward not auto-updating when you change the base skill (it will still award you disadvantage points for it, so it does stand out a little) and lift is based on the math, not the book (meaning you'll have to input decimals from time to time).

If you happen to need more room on any of the pages, just right-click on an empty row (say, 30 on the first page) and click insert row-- the formatting should preserve.

We are DEFINITELY still looking for feedback on this! If you find any bugs or would like to see any features that you think we missed implemented, let us know! Alternatively, if you just hate it, you can take that elsewhere.
Bucketfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 01:59 PM   #2
Minuteman37

Default Re: Character Sheet - Google Drive Version

Well for some strange reason I can't make a copy and I can't edit the sheet so...
Minuteman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 03:51 PM   #3
Lord Azagthoth

I have send a request for editing.

Should I then copy it to my own Google drive (not used to use Google drive because I and my players all use GCA4 and all have laptops with GCA4 installed or tablets with the pdf version of their character sheets at hand).

Dark Lord Azagthoth

Star Wars - TRPG
Lord Azagthoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 03:54 PM   #4
Ronnyfire

Apologies! i think i have fixed that... maybe? New to using Drive to share things with the public!

Edit #1: OK! i tested it and it is working for me! Please post if it doesn't work still

Last edited by Ronnyfire; 01-29-2016 at 04:03 PM.
Ronnyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 08:10 PM   #5
Flinx

Hi,

thanks for sharing.

I have looked at a few character sheets created with Google Sheets. This one is nice and does some additional calculations:
Template - GURPS Character Sheets (created or at least shared by James Eggleston)

It was posted to the GURPS subreddit some time ago.
Flinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 01:46 AM   #6
Ronnyfire

I have spent some time looking over the other character sheet.
I really like their Thrust/Swing Damage Table, just wish it counted in Striking ST! But it gave me an idea on how i may be able to do that on our sheet! Ill give it a go soon

Edit #1: Character Sheet Updated! Now has an area on the right with your Thrust and Swing damages, takes into account Striking ST and the varied cost if you are larger size (marked by size mod on the left of the sheet) in very much the same way the cost box beside Lift, for buying up your Lifting ST is calculated. (Only works if you put in the advantage "Striking ST" and give it a point cost.)

Last edited by Ronnyfire; 01-31-2016 at 03:45 AM.
Ronnyfire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, drive, google, google drive, sheet