Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > SJ Games Discussion

Old 03-17-2010, 04:34 PM   #181
Parody

Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
1. Upload stakeholder report. ...
FWIW, every year I find out that the new Stakeholder's Report is up from the forums.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:39 PM   #182
Dragondog
Never Been Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
FWIW, every year I find out that the new Stakeholder's Report is up from the forums.
As do I. Perhaps there are more of us? And how do we differentiate how many we are from those that follow you on Twitter? Stopping the news from hitting the forums for a few days will probably not be an effective strategy.

Last edited by Dragondog; 03-18-2010 at 01:42 AM.
Dragondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:08 PM   #183
trooper6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
I got it from the forums too.
trooper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:29 AM   #184
walkir

Me, too. Please don't get the impression everyone that visited the report bef9ore the illuminator went up is coming from Twitter. I don't use it and have no intent to use it.
walkir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:03 AM   #185
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkir View Post
Me, too. Please don't get the impression everyone that visited the report bef9ore the illuminator went up is coming from Twitter. I don't use it and have no intent to use it.
Well, I'm subscribed to the twiter RSS feed, but I first saw it on the forum, when rev posted about it
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:34 AM   #186
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkir View Post
We aren't assuming anything. We're using tools to watch traffic.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:04 AM   #187
darksaba

For me the best bit of that report is
Quote:
First, again, keep the core Munchkin sets in print. In terms of the bottom line, this is ALL we need to do to have a good 2010.
While its probably more dificult than I expect to keep things in print it seems an easily obtainable goal, and if the top priority isn't going to drain all of SJG resources then theres going to be more available for things that aren't quite as important and I like much of the syuff that isn't quite as important.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:47 AM   #188
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragondog View Post
And how do we differentiate how many we are from those that follow you on Twitter?
You don't. Every data set has its limitations, and the spread of the update to the forums is a known factor.

But you preform various similar tests, with different limitations, and you begin to get a complete picture.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:44 AM   #189
Dragondog
Never Been Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
You don't. Every data set has its limitations, and the spread of the update to the forums is a known factor.

But you preform various similar tests, with different limitations, and you begin to get a complete picture.
Sounds great! I hope you get the info you need from these tests. I'd love to see the picture, but I guess it might be a company secret. And in any case, I hope it leads to more great GUPRS products and the continued viability of SJGames.
Dragondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:33 PM   #190
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanj View Post
If I read this report in my marketing management classes, my analysis would recommend looking into developing a bunch of new games to take over from Munchkin once its Cash Cow status begins to fade.
Indeed. And you will have noticed there's some new development going on. But this is not as high a priority as taking very good care of the current hit. We don't want to make the mistake that TSR did, early on . . . they just couldn't believe that D&D had legs, and they expended a lot of money and energy trying to find something to replace it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macphersonrants View Post
I would have at least like to see some lip service to continued support for GURPS.
Too much "lip service" to this and that, though, and the report becomes just another pile of corporate BS. The fact is, GURPS gets the full-time efforts of two Top Men, and a lot of attention from several other staffers. It makes money, a lot of fans care about it and vote with their dollars, it is fun and satisfying for us, it will continue. Perhaps I should have said just that. But (in large part because Kromm and PK have it under control), it's not something that we need to be telling you, and each other, is a (sound cue: portentious music) Top Priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by various people
What's up with announcing on Twitter first?
It was an easy experiment. We were curious. No deep hidden motive here fnord. We'll tell you how it worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by various people
If we're hiring, why no job postings on the "We're Hiring" page?
Various posters got it right. Sometimes we just think "We should hire this person," and make an offer. And for jobs that require a specific expertise and don't require knowledge of gaming, Craigslist proves useful. We like to tell our fans when we have an opening, but we do get a lot of "I HAZ NO SKILZ BUT I LUV GAMS && LERNS FAST CAN I HAZ JOB PLZ" responses.
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote