Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 06-05-2020, 07:51 PM   #11
sparky00

Default Re: Any rumors of post mini set 3 new products?

I'll second Icepick.
I have my ogre map version, but would love a commercial map.
sparky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 06:34 PM   #12
RedLeif508

In Eddie Murphy's Mr. Robinson's neighborhood voice. "Can we say Stretch Goals boys and girls? I think you can..."
Old 06-08-2020, 04:07 PM   #13
Mallen the dark

I would also love to be able to order a bunch of ogre mk I and IIs. Lets hope they allow them to be addon ordered in bulk.
Mallen the dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 12:49 AM   #14
Zimzerveran

I just want those sweet Combine units. I'm hoping we get a set 5 down the road for advanced Combine units as well. Then maybe a set 6 for structures? Laser towers? Yes, please!
Zimzerveran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 09:51 AM   #15
HeatDeath

If we keep buyin', they'll keep doin'. They gotta pay for themselves though, hence the crowdfunding.
HeatDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 08:27 PM   #16
CON_Troll

True, that. But I'm not worried. If they could hit the goal for such a narrow project as the MK VI/Doppelsodner, then I believe both sets of Combine units are a shoe-in. Structures now... I'm not so sure. I would DEFINITELY back them myself. I'm just not sure enough others would be willing to. Maybe SJG will test such waters with a survey.
Old 06-11-2020, 12:42 AM   #17
Zimzerveran

As for the structures, I see what you mean regarding demand. Structures are the kind of thing that might be better suited to 3D print-on-demand. But, would SJ Games want to go the route of doing in-house 3D prints? Doubtful.

I can hope for structures down the road. In the mean time I can always kit-bash them.
Zimzerveran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 12:19 PM   #18
sparky00

Concur that 3D POD is probably the way to go on structures.

My recollection is that SJG purchased some 3D printing equipment several years ago and found it did not produce the level of surface quality they wanted.

My guess is that any possible structures would be several years out, so possibly the performance of 3D printing will improve to acceptable levels by them.

Or possibly they could sell licenses to their designs, so that customers could print their own or have them printed commercially. That would alleviate all the messiness of in-house production.

Either way, it would be nice to have structures available.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:44 AM   #19
RedLeif508

There is a lot of excitement over MK I and II Ogres. Why? Besides that "they are Ogres we don’t have yet". I guess I never got all that excited about the Mk I especially after the alternate rules for the SHVY Record Sheet came out (13.07). And they only cost 3 AU (under valued?) vs. 4 AU (13.03) for a Mk I. Please don’t take this as ‘hate’ for the Mk I, I would just like to read why so many of you express your desire for it, especially those who want ‘a bunch of them’. and when the crowd source funding campaign starts (platform agnostic), i'm sure my bank account will get hit pretty hard. as I don't seem to have any of my combine metal minis any more. So I'll need a bunch of basic armour for the combine.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:06 AM   #20
sparky00

The main reason I'm interested in Mk1 / Mk2's is to be able to play Icepick w/ minis.

Other than that, not terribly much use for them, other than display. Some of the ODE paint schemes would be fun to do on minis.