Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-26-2013, 07:37 PM   #141
Agemegos

Default Re: [OOC] The Starship 'Fritjof Nansen'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Hey, if we really want to hook-and-grommet, Alistair could have donated the chromosome!

EDIT:
Also I am terribly amused that I accidentally made a character who technically owns the Empire and doesn't know it.
I'm amused that jmurrell accidentally created both the character whom the Emperor Emeritus asked to keep her out of trouble and the character whom the Director of the Secret Service told to shoot her if she claimed it.

Decay is inherent in all composite things.
Nod head. Get treat.
Agemegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:37 PM   #142
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurrell View Post
So, hows Bucky going to handle a four-striper breathing over his shoulder?
I believe that Cpl. McAdams may be what puts the "unflappable" in "unflappable exponent of the controlled use of violence". Besides he'll just deftly and invisibly maneuver Lt. Strickland into dealing with the CoC and just rescue her already.

Last edited by sir_pudding; 08-26-2013 at 07:41 PM.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #143
Adina

Quote:
Hey, if we really want to hook-and-grommet, Alistair could have donated the chromosome!
Uhhm...No.
Adina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #144
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Anymore development for Tomiko and I'm going to have to put her behind a spoiler tag to get her to fit. What about everybody else?

Also if it hasn't been noted, I've filled in all the blanks in post #72 and await editorial oversight.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #145
Agemegos

Quote:
Anymore development for Tomiko and I'm going to have to put her behind a spoiler tag to get her to fit. What about everybody else?
Yup. Tomiko Eichberger has been fun, but in the end the junior naval officers and the marines are less important characters than the people at the big table and the Survey boffins. Also, the boffins need most work done on them, as (among other things) they are least defined and constrained by naval and military standards.

Quote:
Also if it hasn't been noted, I've filled in all the blanks in post #72 and await editorial oversight.
Editorial oversight waits on lunch.

Nod head. Get treat.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #146
Agemegos

Quote:
Editorial oversight would like to point out that according to established history, one Mikhail Eichberger is on course to become Chairman of the Imperial Council in 560 and retire in 571. The future is subject to change, of course, but he retires in 571 so he must have been born in 461. Who is he to Tomiko? Older brother? Cousin? she can't be the sole heir after all.

Nod head. Get treat.

Last edited by Agemegos; 09-15-2013 at 03:03 AM.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #147
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agemegos View Post
Editorial oversight would like to point out that according to established history, one Mikhail Eichberger is on course to become Chairman of the Imperial Council in 560 and retire in 571. The future is subject to change, of course, but he retires in 571 so he must have been born in 561. Who is he to Tomiko? Older brother? Cousin? she can't be the sole heir after all.
Who was he originally supposed to be? Tomiko can certainly have a brother or cousin. Born in 461 makes him 11 years older.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #148
Adina

So does the Strickland count towards Survey's fearless foursome? And the Dean as well?

Currently the Dean, Rabin, Haroldsson are all social scientists of some sort. Are we going to call this the social survey team? Or do we need to adjust Rabin and Haroldsson so one is Chief of Social Sciences and one Chief of Life Sciences? And is anyone a doctor?

I see Rabin as a psychologist, but I could fit that in as part of a medical background Hi Ducky! and switch him to the Life Science side.
Adina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #149
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
So does the Strickland count towards Survey's fearless foursome? And the Dean as well?
Seems so.

Quote:
Currently the Dean, Rabin, Haroldsson are all social scientists of some sort. Are we going to call this the social survey team?
Strickland is HUMINT, and clearly also all about social survey.

Besides I gather Brett's more interested in human-versus-human and colonial-versus-empire conflict than impersonal struggles against nature or in xenobiological or geophysical science puzzles.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #150
Agemegos

Quote:
Strickland does. Whether the Dean does is player's choice. Does Luke want to play another character in the field and leave his merchant-adventurer strictly at the big table?

Quote:
Currently the Dean, Rabin, Haroldsson are all social scientists of some sort. Are we going to call this the social survey team? Or do we need to adjust Rabin and Haroldsson so one is Chief of Social Sciences and one Chief of Life Sciences?
Either choice works for me.

Quote:
And is anyone a doctor?
There ought to be an epidemiologist along to assess whether the colony needs the help of the Public Health Service, who ought to be a medico and double as Ship's surgeon. But an NPC will take the role if no-one wants to play it.

Quote:
Strickland is HUMINT, and clearly also all about social survey.
Just as you say.

Quote:
Besides I gather Brett's more interested in human-versus-human and colonial-versus-empire conflict than impersonal struggles against nature or in xenobiological or geophysical science puzzles.
Exactly so. And my hat agrees.

Nod head. Get treat.

Tags
flat black, planetary romance, sci-fi, space opera, ultra-tech