Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-04-2009, 01:22 PM   #91
Acolyte

Default Re: [IC] In Nomine -- The Redemption of Eli

At Baz's outburst, Heb Rhoneniel's eyes widen and his brow furrows. He takes a few deep breaths, composing an adequate reply, when Soma comes up next to him and disrupts his concentration. Smiling at her, and letting her know that her gesture is appreciated, he regathers his thoughts, only to have the less placid angels continue their conversation.

"Jedidiah-Bezek, we will discuss this very soon, but the duty of this moment concerns those not directly of our mission." He inhales and exhales a few times, pointing at the approaching pair while regaining his composure--some anger, as well as confusion and shock, are evident in his voice. "And while we are speaking of later discussions, I saw that look, Nechama."

When introduced to the Bright Lilim and the Cherub, he gives them his characteristic grave nod, with a bit of smile directed at the Redeemed. As Soma engages them in conversation, he reverts entirely to the non-emotion-showing, slow-speaking ancient that he had been up to this point.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:52 PM   #92
rknop

Euodias looks vaguely shell-shocked by Soma's barrage of questions.

"Eli? Well, I think of him as 'my' Archangel, but I've neither seen nor heard from him in five years, since my Redemption. I am technically his servitor, an Angel of Creation, I'm just 'in service' to Flowers. I've gathered since I've been Redeemed that that's pretty common for Eli's angels."

Alastair looks around. He interjects, "Why are you asking all these questions? There is a Triad in town, you know, and any questions about Eli only bring more suspicion on us. It's bad enough that they assume we're harboring every Renegade demon on the West Coast...."

Euodias puts a hand on Alastair's upper arm and says, "It's OK Alastair, these are friends here! They serve Novalis, they're not pawns of Dominic."

Alastair throws a suspicious look in the direction of Baz, but keeps his mouth shut.

Euodias looks back at Soma and continues. "I don't really want to talk about my dark days before I Redeemed. I had been Renegade for a little while, trying to hide out from everybody. The emptiness, the hollowness of serving Hell was killing me. I ran into Eli at a party-- I didn't even realize this was a party on the Celestial radar, and I didn't even know he was a Celestial when I was first talking to him. Eventually it came out that we were both aware of the War, and, ill-advisedly, I suppose, I made some comments about not liking Hell."

I remember his response: "I could Redeem you. I think I still remember how to do that."

"I was shocked. The implication was that he was an Archangel; I had had no idea."

Euodias pauses, lost briefly in thought. "He didn't Redeem me then and there. He told me that it would be painful, and that he wanted to make sure I was ready. I met him several times over the next week, and at the end of it he Redeemed me. And it *was* painful. Very painful. But it was worth it. I feel whole now. I feel sadness for all of my Sisters who don't realize how empty their lives are, how they don't have true freedom when they're not free to give. Well, I feel sadness when I'm not ready to kick their green asses all the way back to Hell for all the trouble they cause here on Earth."

"Now, Euodias," Alastair interjects warningly, "that's not our way. There was hope for you, so there's hope for them."

"Yes, yes," Euodias said. "Anyway, I was quite befuddled for some time after I was Redeemed. Eli, he gave me some things, helped me out, but after a couple of days, he dropped by this Tether and dropped me off. That was the last I saw of him."

"As for your other questions, why did I choose to serve Flowers? Well, that was the wisdom of the Seraphim Council. I was still quite befuddled, out-of-sorts from the shock of the Redemption. They looked at me, looked at the situation, and decided I would do best in service to Flowers, although I remain an angel of Creation."

She pauses again. She sounds rather wistful when she says this next bit: "That was five years ago...."
rknop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 09:36 PM   #93
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknop View Post

She pauses again. She sounds rather wistful when she says this next bit: "That was five years ago...."
Rudy looks at her tenderly. "Five years ago ..." she echoes in a whisper "... and I bet it still feels like yesterday. So much pain, transformed into love ..." Her smile takes on a serene quality that no one in the group has seen before. Yet somehow, it seems to fit her.

She comes down to Earth a little, but still radiates peace when she speaks to Euodias and Alastair. "We are friends," she tells the two of them. "And we're friends that are concerned about Eli; who want to help him if we can. Is there anything else you can remember about where you met or who else was there? Even the smallest detail may help him be found by his friends instead of his critics."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:55 PM   #94
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Alastair looks around. He interjects, "Why are you asking all these questions? There is a Triad in town, you know, and any questions about Eli only bring more suspicion on us. It's bad enough that they assume we're harboring every Renegade demon on the West Coast...."
"Again, allow me to apologize for my lack of manners, it has been a very long while since I was last among so many others. Usually it is just me and my companion. Alastair, I do appreciate you allowing us to talk to your charge. With vigilance like that, there is no doubt that she is truly safe with you. Thank you. As to my questions, well, I am ashamed to say that I have not been home in a very long time. Centuries, in fact. I hear, at best bits and pieces of what goes on. My curiosity overwhelmed my common sense. Forgive me, please."

Quote:
Euodias looks back at Soma and continues. "I don't really want to talk about my dark days before I Redeemed. I had been Renegade for a little while, trying to hide out from everybody. The emptiness, the hollowness of serving Hell was killing me. I ran into Eli at a party-- I didn't even realize this was a party on the Celestial radar, and I didn't even know he was a Celestial when I was first talking to him. Eventually it came out that we were both aware of the War, and, ill-advisedly, I suppose, I made some comments about not liking Hell."
"I would never ask you to talk about those days. That is a time long behind you and it is best to leave it that way. As I said, I have never encountered a Gifter and I am most curious about you and your gifts. But, I won't barrage you with those questions. Thank you for your patience with me, Sister."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:02 PM   #95
Dalillama

"Alastair, I would ask a question of you charge as well, if I may Euodias, but first I feel that I must address your own concerns. Although it is tru that I'm not one of your collegues, I can say in the presence of that Seraph that I am under orders to help out these Novalines around me, as well as our allies from other Superiors."
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:30 PM   #96
Andygal

Naomi nods at Baz's words and says to the Cherub "I am also not a Servitor of Flowers, but I assure you that I am an ally and I would never wish for either of you to be harmed and will do my best to ensure that you do not suffer repercussions as a result of this conversation."

to the Bright, she says "And I admit to being curious about you myself on a personal level, I've never met a Gifter before. I'd love to hear more about you." she smiles warmly.
Andygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:34 PM   #97
Rocket Man

As the others offer their own explanations and questions, Rudy fades back for a moment and quietly unhooks a water bottle from her bicycle. At the first break in the conversation -- either when Euodias has answered the current rounf of questions or when she seems a little hesitant -- Rudy will offer the bottle to the Bright.

"Sorry about my manners. Friend comes by to talk, the least a girl can do is offer her something to drink ..."

Old 09-07-2009, 01:10 AM   #98
Acolyte

When mentioned, Heb Rhoneniel nods again, drawing himself up to his whole Seraphic height. He listens to the questions of his allies, and pays particular attention to the answers Euodias gives.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:12 AM   #99
ladyarcana55

Soma looks concerned. Whispering over to Rudy

"I thought we weren't going to reveal our mission? My concern is that now is the Triad comes to them they may have no choice BUT to reveal it to them?"
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:19 AM   #100
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Soma looks concerned. Whispering over to Rudy

"I thought we weren't going to reveal our mission? My concern is that now is the Triad comes to them they may have no choice BUT to reveal it to them?"
Rudy whispers back. "Trust me. I have a good feeling about this. Besides, she's sharp enough to figure out what's going on from our earlier questions -- and who's safer to talk to than an angel who spends most of her time in a Tether protected by Novalis?"

Tags
eli, in nomine, net play, pbp