Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-17-2017, 08:45 AM   #31
Ronnke

Default Re: Playing GURPS with Fantasy Grounds

An updated version is available, v3.0.4. It fixes all known issues.

Note: After updating, script errors may result when you open the combat tracker. To fix this simply clear everything from the tracker and re-add.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:42 AM   #32
Ronnke

An updated version is available, v3.0.5. It fixes all known issues.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:54 AM   #33
Highland_Piper

This is fantastic! Half of my group has moved in the last three months, all to different time zones, so we will be attempting to play online now. Roll20 is okay but I want something more.
GURPS Mega Dungeons DFRPG Facebook Page
Highland_Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 01:43 PM   #34
hal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland_Piper View Post
This is fantastic! Half of my group has moved in the last three months, all to different time zones, so we will be attempting to play online now. Roll20 is okay but I want something more.
Glad to hear that some else is looking forward to it. :)
hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:51 PM   #35
hal

Hello Folks,
For some of you who might be interested...

One of the problems I'm having is being able to unzip a file from the PAK file, make changes, and then rezipping the file as a PAK file to where FG2 can read it. I'm using 7ZIP for this, and it is just not working.

So I did some digging into how to try and send data to FG2 from VB.NET.

This one command permits output from a VB.NET program to be sent to the clipboard, where the FG2 GM can simply paste the information directly to the FG2 chat window or possibly even to a "story" area.

My.Computer.Clipboard.SetText("This is a test string.")

What ever is in the "quote" marks above can be sent to the clipboard, or you can assign text information to a string variable and send stuff to the clipboard that way. For instance "You walk onto Fifth Avenue and notice a fairly robust crowd size typical of a workweek day, when you suddenly spot a red-head who is trying hard to not be noticed he's tailing you." can be assigned to "Encounter result", using text manipulation to create the narrative and storing it as "EncounterResult".

Then, you can send that result to the clipboard using the command

My.Computer.Clipboard.SetText(EncounterResult).

Just thought I'd mention it.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:49 AM   #36
Gigermann

Actually, you can just rename the .pak to .zip and vice-versa, and it works perfectly well. And if you're using something like 7zip or whatever, I'm pretty sure you can tell it that .pak is a valid zip file, and it will open one without having to do anything extra.
Gigermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 04:05 PM   #37
hal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigermann View Post
Actually, you can just rename the .pak to .zip and vice-versa, and it works perfectly well. And if you're using something like 7zip or whatever, I'm pretty sure you can tell it that .pak is a valid zip file, and it will open one without having to do anything extra.
7 zip impacts the file without issue. When I zip the file back up, and rename it with a .pak extension, FG2 won't see it for some reason.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:42 PM   #38
Litvyak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
7 zip impacts the file without issue. When I zip the file back up, and rename it with a .pak extension, FG2 won't see it for some reason.
Interesting. I've never used 7z for modifying .pak files before. I just gave it a try and ran into the same problem.

Anyways I usually just use Windows Explorer to edit the files after renaming the extension and I've never had a problem doing it that way.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:33 PM   #39
seycyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
Hello Folks,
For some of you who might be interested...
One of the problems I'm having is being able to unzip a file from the PAK file, make changes, and then rezipping the file as a PAK file to where FG2 can read it. I'm using 7ZIP for this, and it is just not working.
Hal, you are just doing it wrong. No offense intended, I used to do it wrong for some time. :) , but I stumbled across the correct way by accident one time.

1) I assume you have changed the it from .pak to .zip, unzipped it with 7zip and made your changes.

2) Then you right click on the folder and try one of the many 7zip options to compress it, and some of them seem to do the job. You then change the .zip back to .pak, and move it to the FG folder.

3) FG doesn't see the file.

I don't know why that doesn't work, but what you need to do is,

1) Same as step 1 as above,

2) Make sure 7zip is not open from before (not sure if this is important, but I don't want to deviate from the ritual). Open 7zip independently and WITHIN 7zip navigate to inside the folder that contains the file where you made your changes.

3) Select all, then hit the "add" button (green plus at the top left).

4) This will open up another window with a bunch of options. I just hit "OK".

5) A .zip file will be generated inside the folder.

6) Navigate to that folder(not using 7zip), and grab the .zip file. This one can be changed to .pak and FG will see it.

Last edited by seycyrus; 02-28-2017 at 06:42 PM.
seycyrus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:59 AM   #40
hal

Hi Folks,
As I Scratch my head, I'm assuming that the problem is with me, not the rules set (forgive me!)...

I tried to export a GCA character as an NPC. But then, when I tried to import the NPC into FG2, I found that the command /importnpc doesn't exist. Am I using the wrong version, or am I supposed to use a different command?

Part of me wonders if I can just cheat and use a text editor to create a file named db.xml to create whole batches of NPC's at a time.

Help?

Tags
virtual tabletop, virtual tabletops