Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:23 AM   #211
iosef

Default Re: Nightfall Shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
Steve's statement in the Kickstarter update is all I can offer.
Given that the Sponsored sheets page has been updated a few days ago to state that these and the ACD sheets will be available on the 21st of October, can we take it as read for those two?
iosef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:13 PM   #212
Dakk

Quote:
No one from SJ Games has made an official statement about which specific sheets will and will not be available on October 21. Such a statement IS forthcoming. For now, be patient.
I do see that some of the sponsored sheets do have a comment stating they will be available from SJG starting Oct 21st, but Nightfall sheet does not.

Personally, I don't know why the Nightfall sheet doesn't have that comment, and I'm not going to make assumptions, BUT... if SJG decided not to make the sheet available for awhile, until sometime later, I would probably think well of SJG just for even considering the 'sensitivty' of the issue for some people.

All I can say is that it does hurt to have not received what I paid for, while others are able to buy it elsewhere and actually walk away with their purchase. Though I do understand that SJG can't be responsible for the fact that FMG has let customers down. I certainly don't blame SJG in any way, but at the same time, any sense that SJG is at least sensitive to us is appreciated.

Last edited by Dakk; 09-17-2014 at 01:17 PM.
Dakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:37 PM   #213
Knuckle_Head

Quote:
No one from SJ Games has made an official statement about which specific sheets will and will not be available on October 21. Such a statement IS forthcoming. For now, be patient.
http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/sponsored-counters/

Perhaps it is a mistake on someones part at steve jackson games, but it states clearly 2 of the sponsor sheet will be available oct 21st
Knuckle_Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:04 PM   #214
smathers

Quote:
Originally Posted by iosef View Post
Given that the Sponsored sheets page has been updated a few days ago to state that these and the ACD sheets will be available on the 21st of October, can we take it as read for those two?
Ah, I hadn't realized that page had been updated. Thanks!
smathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:19 PM   #215
GoatRider

[sets a calendar reminder for Oct 21st]
Old 09-18-2014, 07:21 PM   #216
Tim Kauffman

UNCOMMON OGRES...

"We have not heard from Walt for several months. He did not reply to our request to confirm a shipping address or our offer to refund his sponsorship and take over the sheets,
so his copies are still stacked in our warehouse. On October 21, this sheet will become available from Warehouse 23."

I can't wait...these will sell out immediately and then only be available on ebay for prices that would make an astronomer blush. *sigh*

But I sincerely Thank SJGs for everything they are doing to get these out to fans. It is very much appreciated! Thank You.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:46 PM   #217
Thirdpower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kauffman View Post
UNCOMMON OGRES...

"We have not heard from Walt for several months. He did not reply to our request to confirm a shipping address or our offer to refund his sponsorship and take over the sheets,
so his copies are still stacked in our warehouse. On October 21, this sheet will become available from Warehouse 23."

I can't wait...these will sell out immediately and then only be available on ebay for prices that would make an astronomer blush. *sigh*

But I sincerely Thank SJGs for everything they are doing to get these out to fans. It is very much appreciated! Thank You.
These will sell out quick but not quite 'immediately' imo. The major surge for OGRE DE is pretty much over and really only the ones who regularly monitor these threads will be 'in the know'.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:10 PM   #218
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdpower View Post
These will sell out quick but not quite 'immediately' imo. The major surge for OGRE DE is pretty much over and really only the ones who regularly monitor these threads will be 'in the know'.
You ought to know :-)

What's the percentage of your sheets that have sold so far? That's probably a reasonable indicator.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:59 PM   #219
Zorgophlats

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
What's the percentage of your sheets that have sold so far? That's probably a reasonable indicator.
I don't think percentage is the issue here. I don't think they will allow to sell more than the original agreed upon holdback, which is the same for all the sponsored sheets. (300 I think) If more than that has been sold of the other sheets, then, yes, the 'available' stock will sell out quickly once word gets out.

It depends on what they legally decide to do with the bulk. Hold it until enough time has passed, or argue the buyer has disappeared and no longer has intrest in receiving.

I over-analyze things. Don't take it too seriously.
Zorgophlats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:38 AM   #220
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorgophlats View Post
I don't think percentage is the issue here. I don't think they will allow to sell more than the original agreed upon holdback, which is the same for all the sponsored sheets. (300 I think) If more than that has been sold of the other sheets, then, yes, the 'available' stock will sell out quickly once word gets out.

It depends on what they legally decide to do with the bulk. Hold it until enough time has passed, or argue the buyer has disappeared and no longer has intrest in receiving.
That has nothing to do with my question, though.

My question was simply asking how many sheets he sold. Being one of the backers, he received his set of sheets, filled all of his existing orders, and would now have a percentage left over. Being one of (if not the) smoothest end-to-end backers, he would have a pretty good idea of how long it took to sell that percentage, and how much he has left over. That would give you a decent view of how rapidly the newly released sheets would sell (ie, helping to gauge how 'immediately' they would sell out).

Tags
fire mountain games, nightfall