Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-16-2009, 01:21 PM   #141
ladyarcana55

Default Re: [IC] In Nomine -- The Redemption of Eli

"So how do you suggest we do this? Obviously you and Bez should be on separate teams. Naomi and I as well. I think that Heb Rhoneniel should stay with Naomi because she has a way of soothing bruised feelings and other mishaps that may result in a Seraph's direct manner of speaking."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:55 PM   #142
Andygal

"My contact is in London, so talking to her probably has to be done by telephone. Just something to keep in mind. And yes, I see the logic of myself and H.R working together, and if we are splitting up Rudy and Baz and myself and Soma that would make the teams myself, H.R, and Baz, and Rudy and Soma. I think that's the most sensible split, it means we don't have any team composed of a single Choir."
Andygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:59 PM   #143
Acolyte

"I note that while superficially agreeing with me, no one seems to have actually agreed not to disclose our mission further." His composure restored, Heb Rhoneniel speaks with that maddeningly blank tone which could be wry humor or restrained disapproval. "But our Superiors show their wisdom in selecting operatives all predisposed towards seeking Eli. And who are familiar with Servitors of Creation," he adds, with a nod towards Rhoda, "and I suspect you are right in that we all have contact among the Creationers."

Listening to next phase of discussion, he nods along. "We lack the divine rationality of the Elohim, but the divisions you suggest make sense to me, even though I might otherwise wish to talk at length with you, Somasti." He doesn't seem even remotely offended by her statement about his rubbing people the wrong way. "I have not met a Friend I felt akin to for..." he swallows, a hint of sadness creeping into his voice around the edges, "for a very long time." He clears his throat and continues in his normal voice.

"Before we separate, I think it extremely important that we ensure the two groups, and ideally all of us individually, can contact each other over long distances. Additionally, we should reveal to each other our Creationer contacts, just to be sure they do not overlap."
Old 09-16-2009, 05:17 PM   #144
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
Listening to next phase of discussion, he nods along. "We lack the divine rationality of the Elohim, but the divisions you suggest make sense to me, even though I might otherwise wish to talk at length with you, Somasti." He doesn't seem even remotely offended by her statement about his rubbing people the wrong way. "I have not met a Friend I felt akin to for..." he swallows, a hint of sadness creeping into his voice around the edges, "for a very long time." He clears his throat and continues in his normal voice.
"I certainly have no intention of speaking in any length about this mission. And I definitely look forward to having more in-depths discussion with you, Heb Rhoneniel. There is time enough for that, my dear friend. I am happy you feel such a kinship with me. My mentor, when I was younger, was a Seraph and I do miss that interaction. As for who my contact is, he is a malakite of Creation who stays in South America."
Old 09-16-2009, 06:34 PM   #145
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Rudy looks affectionately at the Seraph of Animals and the Mercurian of Flowers as they speak together. When she finally speaks, her own voice seems to have grown softer in response to the friendship shown.

"Long way to pay a visit," she says to Soma. "My own Eliite friend's a little closer to hand ... she works at some of the bike shops in Davis. She likes to tinker and experiment, see just how much she can get two wheels and a mess of gears to do."

Rudy's eyes seem to be revisiting an old memory for a moment, then she brings herself back to the present.

"Most bicyclists would probably do that run in about three hours," she says, estimating the roughly 75-mile distance. "If I can't shave an hour off of that, you'd better break me down and use me to build an Elohite." She then winks at Soma. "Hope you don't mind riding two to a seat -- and that you can hold on tight."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:58 PM   #146
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
She then winks at Soma. "Hope you don't mind riding two to a seat -- and that you can hold on tight."
Soma laughs

"It can't be that different from riding the the rapids right before a waterfall. I would be delighted!"
Old 09-16-2009, 08:18 PM   #147
Dalillama

"Very well, Heb Rhoneniel, I will formally agree to disclose no more of our mission than is needful to those we meet," Baz says with a quick grin. "Besides, you'll be with me to curb me when need be, right?" He turns to Naomi "I think that we may do some traveling anyway, as Chas is still in Berlin, I think. He's a Freind of Eli, and a good hacker, too."
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:09 PM   #148
Acolyte

Heb Rhoneniel frowns. "It appears my contacts are closer," he says to Naomi and Baz. "I know a Creationer by name of Erian, but he lives in Los Angeles and I am loathe to enter the Hellsworn City and attempt to contact him." He pulls out his phone. "Fortunately, I do have this."

He bites his lip in thought. "I also know a Seneschal of a Tether to Creation in New Orleans, Joyherunai, after our past collaboration. But we were warned that the Inquisition would most likely be focused on Tethers to begin with. I am unsure of the best method to proceed."

You can tell he's bemoaning the lack of an Elohite again, even though he doesn't say anything.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:15 PM   #149
ladyarcana55

"Berlin? Are we really going to separate to such a degree? I don't know if that's such a good idea. What say we speak to our contacts here and then go to New Orleans? The Triad may be suspicious of one person but if there are a group of Angels from different Superiors then they may not be as suspicious."
Old 09-16-2009, 10:14 PM   #150
Dalillama

"I don't think that we need to go so far afeild just yet, no. I've not seen Chas in person in years, so there's nothing funny about not going now. We can communicate electronically just fine. If you and Rudy would like to go talk to her contact, HEb Rhoneniel can make a phone call and see if his freind can slide down here to meet us."
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eli, in nomine, net play, pbp