Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 04-02-2010, 10:32 AM   #1
JCD

Default Time for a little D and A!

In our current campaign, the various PC/NPCs had run in's with Servitors of Asmodeous and Dominic. This is the first time that they really had any impact on the game at all.

So I was thinking of asking my fellow Horns and Halos how often they had the various IA guys show up to mess with people.
JCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:38 PM   #2
robkelk
Untitled

Default Re: Time for a little D and A!

In my game, Dominicans have appeared only once so far. Although it escalated to the point where Dominic himself intervened... They were extremely lucky that they were following the explicit orders of Laurence at the time.

(Yes, Superiors tend to make appearances in my game. The PCs are favored servitors, after all.)

I think the players (and maybe also the characters) might be a bit scared of crossing the line without orders.

Gamesters, OTOH, show up regularly, as opponents who can't simply be killed off and thus must be outwitted.
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.

Last edited by robkelk; 04-02-2010 at 02:42 PM.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #3
Jason

In the campaign I just ran, the approach of the triad was announced to one PC by Dominic in their weekly check-ins. It provided a deadline: Find the missing redemption candidate (being imprisoned by the high-ranking, soon-to-be Outcast) in two days, or they'll do it for you, and much less gently. The triad showed up right at the climax; the PCs' only real interaction with them was trying to stall them while someone drove the (now Outcast) antagonist to the nearest Tether to beg forgiveness from a gentler Archangel (who, of course, had his own plans for the Outcast from the beginning).

In the no-angels campaign I'm running this summer, all the demons are Renegades, and they know that Hell knows about them because the local Gamester threatens to haul them in every time he sees them. He never does. Either he's Balseraph-ing himself out of a lot of Dissonance, or Asmodeus wants them doing exactly what they're doing. My hope is that this will be constantly puzzling and terrifying.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:50 PM   #4
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCD View Post
So I was thinking of asking my fellow Horns and Halos how often they had the various IA guys show up to mess with people.
For some reason, in all the games I've ever run (with one exception), I've had Servitors of Judgment and/or the Game as PCs. So... they mess with themselves.

(Examples:
http://www.io.com/~arcangel/GamingWa.../SSO/SSO1.html
http://www.io.com/~arcangel/GamingWa...SSO/SSO66.html
http://www.io.com/~arcangel/GamingWa.../myINIOU8.html )

Tags
asmodeus, dominic