Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-25-2011, 10:34 AM   #41
NineDaysDead
Banned

Default Re: Resistance to Sex Appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwibos View Post
Rule that indomitable is not beaten by empathy and see everybody and their Nana scramble to take it. i think it's a heck of a deal at 15 points, if you add cosmic and rule it beats all empathy, I snap it up post-haste.
At 15 points, I don't have a problem with indomitable being beaten by empathy, but I think true immunity to social skills would be fairly priced at 30 points. And immunity to cosmic social skills at 45.
NineDaysDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:35 AM   #42
NineDaysDead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
Well, if you're so indomitable that even the Goddess Of Sex Appeal can't affect you with her Cosmic Empathy, then you're obviously the God Of Double Indomitability, so you should have Indomitable (+100% Cosmic II).
And somehow you're still missing the point. You still haven't plugged the hole, you just made it smaller, again.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:39 AM   #43
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineDaysDead View Post
And somehow you're still missing the point. You still haven't plugged the hole, you just made it smaller, again.
I want a special kind of DR that will be able to stop any attack, no matter how powerful.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:46 AM   #44
NineDaysDead
Banned

Quote:
I want a special kind of DR that will be able to stop any attack, no matter how powerful.
Bad analogy, the defence already stops all attacks, I want to stop it being bypassed.

So, a better analogy: I want a special kind of DR that can't be bypassed by any attack, which can be built with:
DR (Cosmic +50%; Hardened +6 +120%) [13.5/level] This DR can never be bypassed, it subtracts from any attack.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:47 AM   #45
malloyd

Quote:
*You're* missing a core game design choice of not supporting irresistable forces or immovable objects.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:53 AM   #46
NineDaysDead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloyd View Post
*You're* missing a core game design choice of not supporting irresistable forces or immovable objects.
After looking at the Resistant advantage, I don't see the support for your case. Indomitable doesn't work like DR, more dice in attack will always overcome DR, more points in social skills will do nothing to someone with indomitable, unless you have Empathy.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:58 AM   #47
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Bad analogy, the defence already stops all attacks, I want to stop it being bypassed.

So, a better analogy: I want a special kind of DR that can't be bypassed by any attack, which can be built with:
DR (Cosmic +50%; Hardened +6 +120%) [13.5/level] This DR can never be bypassed, it subtracts from any attack.
Attack x dice, +??& Armor Divisor, +300% Cosmic Irresistible Attack, +50% Cosmic (extra tier).
Old 03-25-2011, 10:59 AM   #48
Dragondog
Never Been Pretty

Quote:
After looking at the Resistant advantage, I don't see the support for your case. Indomitable doesn't work like DR, more dice in attack will always overcome DR, more points in social skills will do nothing to someone with indomitable, unless you have Empathy.
And thus the stacked levels of Cosmic. To resist Influence skills with Empathy, you must have one more level of Cosmic Indomitable than the other person has Cosmic Empathy.
Dragondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #49
NineDaysDead
Banned

Quote:
Attack x dice, +??& Armor Divisor, +300% Cosmic Irresistible Attack, +50% Cosmic (extra tier).
What is "Cosmic (extra tier)"? Tiers as described in powers don't work that way.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:06 AM   #50
whswhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwibos View Post
Succinct and to the point. And it brings up a valid response. If Sex Appeal can be resited for 0 points, then so can any influence skill. And if thats' the case, what is the point of them (as Icelander pointed out) or (Indomitable).
Sex Appeal can be resisted for -1 point: Neutered or Sexless. But there are side effects!

Bill Stoddard
whswhs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heterosexuality, homosexuality, kromm explanation, new skill, sex appeal, social engineering