Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-05-2018, 04:04 AM   #11
Alonsua
Banned

Default Re: How to lower the character weight, slim people

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
Just buy up HP in lock step with Striking ST and Lifting ST.
But doing it just like that would still increase the mass (weight), thats why I am trying to find out alternatives (?)
Alonsua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 04:28 AM   #12
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonsua View Post
But doing it just like that would still increase the mass (weight), thats why I am trying to find out alternatives (?)
I thought you were pairing mass with ST. If that is case then buying up HP, Striking ST, and Lifting ST should be no problem.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:32 AM   #13
Plane

Quote:
is there any advantage or perk allowing to do the same without taking any hits such as "ST-2 while resisting knockback"?
PK in 2007 references buying Resistant to Knockback as a Common threat, so you could buy +3 to resist knockback for 5 points, giving a net +1 when combined with the -2 from Skinny.

I'd like to know if anyone ever approximated some some maths for things besides +3 or +8 for those wanting to pay 1-4 or 6-7 or 9-14 points againt Common Threats.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:51 AM   #14
Alonsua
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
PK in 2007 references buying Resistant to Knockback as a Common threat, so you could buy +3 to resist knockback for 5 points, giving a net +1 when combined with the -2 from Skinny.

I'd like to know if anyone ever approximated some some maths for things besides +3 or +8 for those wanting to pay 1-4 or 6-7 or 9-14 points againt Common Threats.
Sounds good enough to me for the knockback part! Which pyramid is that one? And can you think of anything else to cover the skill penalties?
Alonsua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:53 AM   #15
NineDaysDead
Banned

Quote:
When I have a ST15 character (current world records are set by ST14 people), whose "normal" weight is supposed to range 343-512 pounds, I could change it with disadvantages such as "skinny" or "fat"... is there any advantage or perk allowing to do the same without taking any hits such as "ST-2 while resisting knockback"?
Buy your HP with No Signature +25% (Powers p.103). For 1 you get someone with ST 15 with the appearance and mass of ST 13, for 2 points ST 11, 3 points ST 9, etc.
NineDaysDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:20 AM   #16
Anthony

Quote:
Yes, thats it, so I need an advantage to make exceptions to the rule... if it exists.
It's a house rule, so anything that interacts with it will also be a house rule.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:23 PM   #17
Plane

Quote:
Sounds good enough to me for the knockback part! Which pyramid is that one? And can you think of anything else to cover the skill penalties?
http://www.sjgames.com/pyramid/sample.html?id=5774

The skill penalties are part of how you appear, I guess just buy up the skill or buy a talent in them?
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote